xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hmmm, I Think I Found A New Mod, I Need  (Read 372 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Hmmm, I Think I Found A New Mod, I Need
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

well cueball i read it. and the only thing i seem to not be able to comprehend, is that im going to be hooking up 4 seperate wires (left and right audio, and left and right screen) to one part of the switch, then 3 wires to the other side, and the destination of the switch (the pcb that my speakers run off of) only has 3 wires to solder onto the switch, so i dont see how the 4 wires from the xbox audio will match up with the 3 going to the pcb, although, one of the wires might be ground thats on the pcb, so that might help, what do u think of the situation?

*(a quick sum up, the xbox audio has 4 wires, the mp3 audio has 3 wires, and the destination of the audio's has 3 wires, 1 of which is a thick black one, so i can assume its ground, so maybe it will work out, i dont know though)*

RX3

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

I have alot of experience designing and building speaker enclosures. Please don't be offended but, i'm gonna be blunt and tell you your mod is going to sound like crap. Guaranteed. It would take too much time to explain why because there is so much involved in getting good sound from a speaker.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

well, id usually agree with someone that says they know what there talking bout, but ive already discussed this with my brother in law, who is a genuis with car speakers, subwoofers or ne thing speakers, and he confirmed that, without the enclosure, the sub would sound like shit, but that tje speakers dont need ne such enclosure to work (seeing how they have no ports, and the cases there in provided no room for adequate air movment, and all the sound comes out of the speaker itself, were as subwoofers ((at least the size of the one i have, but not bigger ones like 10 inches)) get 75% of thier sound from the enclosure there in)
but thanks for ur worries ne ways

* o and cueball, i get what ur saying now, thatd work easier, just get 2 rca connectors (female) then a dual RCA to phono adapter, cut of the phono (headphone) jack and use the wires from it to wire to a switch, which if i did it that way the switch would only need to be a 3PDT switch then

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

agreed with the crossover comment, you need that... although, i don't really know if he'll be putting that much power to them, errrr.. I don't think that what I wanted to say, alos there may not be a crossover, there might just be a cap on the tweeters... that's how alot of lower end speakers are...

cueball13

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2004, 04:31:00 AM »

And since there's apparently some pcb that he's got which everything hooks up to, the crossover may be in that instead....I don't know, it's hard to tell without seeing the setup. Also, I've got to agree that even if the crossover still works, the speakers are not going to sound very good....but then again, they started out pretty cheap anyways. I personally would not be able to tolerate them, but if you're not an audiophile or really picky about your music, then it's not too big of a deal.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2004, 04:41:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2004, 05:12:00 AM »

well actually, you can have good speakers, and have them be cheap, and dont get me wrong, i love the way audio sounds, and i hate it when it sounds like shit
i know the correct balance i should have between bass, treble, mid, and and the likes (specially in my car), and i helped peice together are custom surrond sound in are big screen tv room, and ive leanred alot

and im being truthful when i say, for how much they costed, these are really good speakers (well they were really good when they had the sub with it, but i dont expect to much crappiness to come from the loss), and im not gonna ve expecting the best sound in the world, just ample sound for some background music

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2004, 08:30:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

ok, cueball, heres were im at

radioshack didnt have any 3PDT toggle switches, so i got 2 DPDT switches, and this is how i was gonan do it

since the headphone jacks have 3 wires (a red, white and black) i was gonna use the one switch and solder the red and whites for each headphone jack and the speaker pcb, and then id use the other switch for just the black wires, so even though id have to throw both switches together, itd still work right?

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »

yea, but its all i got, and i wont be switching to much, im just gonan cut down the switch and round it off with a dremel so it doesnt stick out as much

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

hmm, apperantly rubbing alcohol is bad for acrylic, as i now have 4 1 inch cracks inside the arcrylic

so now the back of the case lookes like shit, but its the part no one will see and the lights will make it look alright

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

well, its almost gone, all i have left to do is secure the controller ports, mount the psu (whenever it comes) and mod a samsung 616t

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

jester.gif   jester.gif  beerchug.gif   beerchug.gif   beerchug.gif   beerchug.gif

for anyone who had doubts, to bad, for anyone who was hoping this would work  beerchug.gif   beerchug.gif  

i hooked up the power, and they powered up, good first thing to see
then i plugged the mp3 player in, and played Tenacious D "Tribute",  but nothing came out, and then alas, i switched the toggle switch and sweet music came out of those speakers
i played Red Hot ChilliPeppers, Rolling Stones, marshall tucker, bob dylan, led zepplin, every good artist, and they all played with reall really good sound, and i even got some bass out of the speakers

job well done
beerchug.gif

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

cool, post some pics of the product finished, include a pic from a few feet away so we can see the whole thing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4