xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Toca Race Driver 3 (v8 Supercars 3)  (Read 1070 times)

babyblu

• Archived User
Toca Race Driver 3 (v8 Supercars 3)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

impossible

nothing is impossible if it was writing by somone it can be unwriten just takes time. Samething goes 4 the 360 it will happen.

Dai_UK

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 02:05:00 AM »

codemasters love doing this, wasn't their last game the same !

shadow23

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dai_UK @ Feb 26 2006, 07:36 PM) *

codemasters love doing this, wasn't their last game the same !

Yeah but this time it's a bit nasty.

hurders

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »

Yeah I get the save game corruption aswell and to create a profile it has to be done first with the original otherwise world tour crashes. My save games seem to corrupt randomly, it first happened when I did the first event from tier 4 (Forumla 1000), then when I started again it got to tier 5 before becoming corrupt, havn't tried again since, hoping for a fix soon.

Neilor

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

Driveimagetools seems to work for HD, but to be honest the Live element is so good on this game I've been running off retail disk.... I don't know how my Thompson drive is going to manage, it hasn't had to work this hard in years.

xbox_noob77

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

Hi all

I have uploaded the 3.03GB ISO to xbox hard drive using FlashFXP but game just hangs when launched.  

What do I need to do to get it to work?  Burn to DVD?

Thanks
Scott

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbox_noob77 @ Feb 26 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

Hi all

I have uploaded the 3.03GB ISO to xbox hard drive using FlashFXP but game just hangs when launched.  

What do I need to do to get it to work?  Burn to DVD?

Thanks
Scott

you need to buy a retail copy of the game...
discussion of downloaded ILLEGAL files/ISOs is not permitted on xbox scene...

continue to blatently break the forum rules, expect a warning/ban

ClentRZ

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 04:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Feb 27 2006, 01:23 PM) *

you need to buy a retail copy of the game...
discussion of downloaded ILLEGAL files/ISOs is not permitted on xbox scene...

continue to blatently break the forum rules, expect a warning/ban

Didn't notice any mention of this person downloading ILLEGAL files/ISOs, just that he uploaded an ISO from flashFXP to his XBOX HDD.

Seems to fit the profile of this forum well.

Was the post edited?, surely we can freely discuss these comments without any drama.

cornatbeat

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 04:28:00 AM »

@ClentRZ
lol, are you serious? he obviously didn't read the thread, otherwise he knew, that the game won't run from hdd AND the word ISO says it all - anyway

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!

thank you

@ILLusions0fGrander
is it possible to merge this topic with this one :
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=492856
that would be GREAT! smile.gif

i've already explained some possible technical details of the new copyprotection and i think 2 redundant topics on TOCA RACE DRIVER 3 are not necessary

thanks

cya&hf
 cornatbeat

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »

It is possible to play toca 3 on the hdd i have the pal version and all you do is make a backup of the game and ftp it to the xbox as an xiso format then you use virtual drive to play it of the hdd.

hurders

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

Couldn't work out how to get it to launch as an iso from hardrive. I got driveimage utilities and put them on my xbox but don't understand how they work with nkpatcher. I put nkpatcher on my harddrive and ran the nkpatcher.xbe but it just said loading then returned to the evox dash. I also made an iso by transfering the original game from xbox to pc then creating an iso with qwix, transfered the iso back onto the xbox hardrive and put it in my games directory with the vitual dirve attach.xbe (renamed to default.xbe) in the same dir and it came up as mount iso as image or something in evox. Anyway when I try to run that it just says loading then returns to the evox dash. Guess what I'm really asking is how to link nkpatcher to the virtual drive thingy to get the iso that I made with qwix to run off the harddrive. I couldn't work it out from the readme files that came with driveimage utilities.

Also, does it work correctly putting it on the harddrive this way? Does it still randomly corrupt your profile when you get to a certain tier in World Tour?

shadow23

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(rocky5 @ Feb 28 2006, 02:11 AM) View Post

It is possible to play toca 3 on the hdd i have the pal version and all you do is make a backup of the game and ftp it to the xbox as an xiso format then you use virtual drive to play it of the hdd.

That is impossible!!! You can play the backup of TOCA 3 but you need to use the original game first to create a profile, after that you can use the backup copy not of the hdd. Well you must full of it!! I'd like to see how you can play this game of the hdd because I know at the moment that it's not possible.

PS
Even with using your backup no one knows how long you can play the game before the gamesave becomes corrupted.

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

My xbox is softmodded with the Krayzie Ndure SOFTMOD Pack you cant just run nkpatcher of the Hdd you have to make it load and patch the kernal from the start it work 100% for me it dosnt work with bios's i dont think it dosnt work with the debug bios i know that so just softmod your xbox you can still use the chip but you can do more stuff with the softmod that y i picked that.

its not impossible i cant prove it cos i cant get the debug bios to load the virtual drives but if you want it to work use the Krayzie Ndure SOFTMOD Pack to softmod the xbox and i bet you all the cash in the world it works. needs nkpatcher 6 or higher softmod pack uses 10 so works a treat.

Then use the virtual drive to load the xiso and use the iso ripper.xbe to make the iso of the game on the xbox dose all the name and stuff of the game for you and if the game is over 4GB it splits it up so use that to make the iso but if its the retail you will need to make the iso on the pc the tranfer the iso to the xbox because xbox retail discs size are 6.701mb when they arent then you put the attach.xbe in the folder with the iso and rename it to default.xbe and play

This post has been edited by rocky5: Feb 27 2006, 09:50 PM

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

I have a 100% backup of toca 3 the protection is smart it checks the disc size to see if the dice is copyed see when you copy the disc its only 3halfGB but the xbox dics show and tell the xbox that they are 6halfGB now toca 3 checks the disc after you make a profile to see if the disc is the right size to make a working copy you need to use the virtual disc program and use the ISO ripper.xbe to make the iso of the original disc it will be THe same size as the original 6.710GB and after the profile is made it checks the disk and its the same size and goes onto the race codemasters were smart this time but we always win. hope this helps

This post has been edited by rocky5: Feb 27 2006, 11:38 PM

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

Here's a video of it working just so you dont think iam talking sh*t.

http://media.putfile.com/Working-toca-3-backup

This post has been edited by rocky5: Feb 28 2006, 12:09 AM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22