xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hdd Recovery  (Read 25 times)

m0sher

• Archived User
Xbox Hdd Recovery
« on: January 08, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

There are so many things wrong about this... it's not funny.

I'll start from the beginning:

I attempted to "swap out" HD's using X'Scene's tutorial about 2 months ago. I successfully unlocked the HD but when I attempted to use the program they described (I forget the name) that was meant to copy the iso to my PC, it gave me constant errors, etc. My friends and myself spent about 6 hours trying to get the iso to copy, but when there seemed like there was no hope, we tried to "re-lock" the hd to make it playable but it wouldn't register in ATAPWD.exe.. (as if the drive didn't exist). I literally threw mess in the corner of my room and got incredibly pissed.

Now, here I am again wanting to recover whatever I can. Since then, I have lost all our paperwork that we had (tutorial/password) So, on top of it all, I no longer have the unlock/lock password. (From eprom, via Evox backup)

So the question is, is there any way to A. "force" my HD to be READABLE through an IDE cable on my computer, B. re-obtain the HD password, and C. relock it so i can at least play my games normally sleep.gif

If I didn't make anything clear, let me know..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~Michael