xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Restoring Old Xbox Hard Drive  (Read 51 times)

nyijedi

• Archived User
Restoring Old Xbox Hard Drive
« on: August 22, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

Hey guys.  I've had a matrix mod chip for a few years, and the solder on the points is getting so degraded that the chip won't work anymore.  I've tried to add solder to the points, but it doesn't seem to be working, so I'd like to restore my old hard drive so I at least have a working xbox w/o the chip for now.

I have the original folders/files saved on my pc, so I'd like to restore these to the original hard drive.  I know that windows won't recognize the original xbox hard drive, so I was hoping you guys could tell me how I can access the hd on my pc so I can restore the old files.  Also, once I restore the old files, do I have to do anything else (like lock the hard drive again) to get the original setup to work in my xbox?  Thanks for the help.

nyijedi

• Archived User
Restoring Old Xbox Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

Alright, so I've been looking at using hdd_driver and fatxplorer, but my main question is how do I load my C and E folders, as well as the dash files back onto the drive.  Hdd_Loader gives me the option to restore a file, but I'm not sure what type of file I should load these folders/file into.  Is it possible to send them over as-is, or do I need to put them together as a certain file (ISO..)?  Should I also lock the drive again after doing this?  I know I should have been a little more specific in my original post-sorry about that.  Thanks again.