xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Move Over Menux - Here Comes Cdx.xbe  (Read 1693 times)

indecisve

• Archived User
Move Over Menux - Here Comes Cdx.xbe
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2003, 05:41:00 AM »

Hmmm what happens if the game in question has a downloader.xbe and has the required files for it to download live content?  

Gem]n[

• Archived User
« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2003, 07:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (indecisve @ Dec 5 2003, 03:41 PM)
Hmmm what happens if the game in question has a downloader.xbe and has the required files for it to download live content?

Nothing as long as you're not connected I would've thought ...

But then you wouldn't be with a chipped box & a copy on the HDD ... biggrin.gif ...

I think the Downloader.xbe is just an app to connect to XBLive! ... a bit like a built in FTP proggy so that it can grab stuff from the net ... or that might be Update.xbe ... I don't know for sure but it's gotta be something like that ...

I think NINJADC's 'NinjaXBE' might be the better option than using the 'Update.xbe' solution ... but we do still really need a proper loader for these games that DOESN'T connect [or attempt] to the Internet ... just a basic loader to load/run 'Default.xbe' ...

cheers,

Gem

biggrin.gif

NINJADC

• Archived User
« Reply #362 on: December 05, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

ok let me explain its a game file that is supposed to download content for the game it was from but not all the required files are there
so when it runs it dont find what it wants and resets to running the default.xbe it
dont even try to contact the internet
how can it

i got demo fixer and some other stuff to look at
but think this is as easy as it can get at the moment

Knocks

• Archived User
« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2003, 11:26:00 AM »

smile.gif.  Other than that, keep up the great work, guys.

indecisve

• Archived User
« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

I found a proper lanucher from a game... I'll do testing... loader is 60k.  It is not a live file.  No button required to be pressed.   What are all the games dont work with the menu so I can conduct some tests?

Boots XIII.  

NINJADC

• Archived User
« Reply #365 on: December 05, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

hey knocks i dont want fame but if you find somthing then you put a claim to it dont you.

call it what you like but if im here to help then thats what ill do
if not ill just sit back and let you sort the  world out shall i

mwja418

• Archived User
« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »

gem on your site It is not alllowing dl.I try to dl from your site it redirects me and then tells me click on this link to dl file click link nothing.any1 else having this problem.
Thanks

Enfrost

• Archived User
« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »

blink.gif  whats up with this secrecy bullshit, if you just told people what file and where you found it, maybe more people could try it out and progress the situation even further.

NINJADC

• Archived User
« Reply #368 on: December 05, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »

ghost recon island thunder
file ends in GRIT

ALL YOU GET FOR TRYING TO HELP IS SHIT SO ILL SIT BACK NOW
LEAVE IT UPTO THE GODS WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL

porked

• Archived User
« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2003, 04:11:00 PM »

well this thread started out rather normal but now it's turned into a pissing match.....if i remember right we are all messing around with this for the same reason....are we not?

also deus ex invisible war will not launch from cdx unless patched

DMagic1

• Archived User
« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

OK, OK HERES THE FILE I USE AS A FIX.

Sorry I been gone all day and couldn't post.

Its has nothing to do with live or updating files.

Just use the default.xbe thats on the SegaGT2002/Jetset Radio disk. Rename it to something like cdxfix.xbe and put it in your problem games directory. Make you INX file load the cdxfix.xbe instead of the default.xbe file. The game will then load just as a normal game would.

No update screen, no download screen, just the normal boot that you would expect to see.

It's funny that NINJADC comment about a old game made me look at SegaGT/Jetset disk again. Even though his file had nothing to do with it.

Vinpire

• Archived User
« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2003, 11:42:00 PM »

ALL YOU GET FOR TRYING TO HELP IS SHIT SO ILL SIT BACK NOW
LEAVE IT UPTO THE GODS WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL

as porked so wisely put it, we are all doing this for the same reason. there is no point therefore, in withholding information which might get a few more people testing this method out, for no apparent reason. but lets face it, theres nothing forcing you to keep it named as ninjadc.xbe now is there?

Knocks, thanks for the alternate method. i was not aware of that because well lets face it, 30something pages on this thread was far too much to keep up with, i wasn't really looking at all the linked posts.

indecisve, it'd be wrong of me to bitch at ninjadc for withholding info and not make a suggestion to you. if you have found another loader, let us know what it is/where it's from, that way we can all take a look. i do like the idea that it isn't a Live file although having seen knocks' method i think that'd be better.

you won't find out that your game needs an extra CDX.xbe placed in it until after you've burned a bad disc

you don't wish to frag up your hard drive testing out games, fair play to ya. so how about we just keep a regularly updated list of games which we all know don't work without the "redirector" then if a game isn't on the list, try it out. sure it doesn't eliminate the fragging but it decreases it somewhat. i personally would invest in a dvd-rw for testing purposes to eliminate fragging all together. the only reason i'm pushing for this method is because it is so space friendly (i am under the impression that qwix's Cross-Linking will mean that loads of copies of the cdx.xbe only take up one copies worth of space)?

Vince.  ph34r.gif
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]