xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Patching New Games - Comments, Questions, Patches  (Read 2195 times)

viper_8548

• Archived User
Patching New Games - Comments, Questions, Patches
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2003, 06:20:00 AM »

Does this protection only prevents the game from running the the HDD?
Or will it effect a backup copy on DVD-R as well?

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2003, 07:07:00 AM »

It prevents the game from being run from any media other than an original Xbox game disc.  I had listed the media flags that developers can use for testing. The XDK documentation goes on to say that regardless of what media flags are used during testing, at retail time MS signs the game to be run from original Xbox game discs only.  Original discs have a different media flag than those listed.  The patch essentially nullifies this flag, changing the hex-byte so it appears that the game was signed to be run from any media.

Goggens

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2003, 07:54:00 AM »

I tryed to edit the 7D bit manually and with the patch on rayman 3, but when i try to load the game from hdd the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Any body know why???  sad.gif

Thanks.  

It's good  to know

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2003, 08:10:00 AM »

Fine Fine Fine, I whip up a little something.  Just for you.  If you can, can you e-mail all of your documentation to my e-mail address, I will look it over, Work around some stuff and then plop out a nice utility.  E-mail is [email protected]

LepPpeR

-your not that bad with my name, I do not get angry over it.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »

Here you go.. I mirrored the PATCH KIT on HSDEMONZ DUNGEON

No funky FTP needed.. click and download!

MOD EDIT:  I forgot about this link...  sad.gif  Removing now. -Xeero

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (Goggens @ Mar 14 2003, 11:54 AM)
I tryed to edit the 7D bit manually and with the patch on rayman 3, but when i try to load the game from hdd the screen goes black and nothing happens.

As noted, Rayman had two occurrences of the 4-bit string, so I recommended searching for that 20-bit string so you know where to make the change.  The patch should have automated this.  Did you view the xbe in a hexeditor after applying the patch?  Was the 7D changed to an EB afterward?  This was the change that was made in Riot's patch as well, so it may be another factor that's preventing it from booting.  IGR, maybe?

I'm at work right now, but I'll look into it a bit more when I get home.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2003, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Mar 14 2003, 12:44 PM)
Here you go.. I mirrored the PATCH KIT on HSDEMONZ DUNGEON

http://64.219.97.14/...ch-xbpatch2.zip

No funky FTP needed.. click and download!

Thanks, HSDEMONZ.  Granted my FTP link was somewhat humble...it was all I could think of in the 5 minutes before I had to leave for work this morning.  I appreciate it.   biggrin.gif

Goggens

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

As noted, Rayman had two occurrences of the 4-bit string, so I recommended searching for that 20-bit string so you know where to make the change. The patch should have automated this. Did you view the xbe in a hexeditor after applying the patch? Was the 7D changed to an EB afterward? This was the change that was made in Riot's patch as well, so it may be another factor that's preventing it from booting. IGR, maybe?
[SIZE=1

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

I haven't tested Rayman as I just bought it on my lunch break today and I'm at work until 7:30 EST.  I had a friend send me a copy of the default.xbe and the pre-patched.xbe last night, and I examined the differences in these two files.  I'll take a closer look at it tonight.  However, I'm betting that the patch was successful, and that there are other problems.  IGR is In-Game Reset.  EvoX's dashboard implementation fo this is buggy.  Go into EvoX's settings and disable it under all the sections, then try running the game.  See if it works.  If it doesn't, I'll poke around tonight, as I said.

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2003, 11:56:00 AM »

Ok so if im making a backup of new games i will have to patch it or change the id or something.......or can i just burn it like i do if not what is this post for people who use hdd?

Copyhaunters

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »

I'm writing a program for it wink.gif
Gonna need a few min

darylzero

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2003, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (conneen @ Mar 14 2003, 08:18 PM)
Hmm...

I could write a small Java app to do this automagically.

Conneen

P.S. I tested your batch file on High Heat Baseball 2004, worked just great.

please do that.  

And thanks to xeero and everyone for addressing this issue so quickly and with such results.

Goggens

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 14 2003, 07:42 PM)
I haven't tested Rayman as I just bought it on my lunch break today and I'm at work until 7:30 EST.  I had a friend send me a copy of the default.xbe and the pre-patched.xbe last night, and I examined the differences in these two files.  I'll take a closer look at it tonight.  However, I'm betting that the patch was successful, and that there are other problems.  IGR is In-Game Reset.  EvoX's dashboard implementation fo this is buggy.  Go into EvoX's settings and disable it under all the sections, then try running the game.  See if it works.  If it doesn't, I'll poke around tonight, as I said.

same thing with IGR diabled. no go on rayman 3 from HDD.

It would be greate to see this fixed.  rolleyes.gif

Thanks

It's good to know

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »

jester.gif

conneen

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »

Not doubting you but...

There is a difference between diabling in game reset through the settings menu, and disabling it by editing the Evox.ini.  I've seen more than one instance of an evox.ini file where there were multiple lines with:

IGR=Yes
or
IGR=No

When you change it in the settings screen, it only changes one line, and in-game reset is still working.

Just double check that your entire evox.ini file is free from any line enabling IGR.

Conneen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33