xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Movies  (Read 87 times)

CASTOR_TROY

• Archived User
Dvd Movies
« on: August 03, 2002, 06:14:00 PM »

Has anyone tried to read a DVD the same way u read a XBOX game and make it into an iso and try to burn it, and see if it works?

JCD

• Archived User
Dvd Movies
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 04:33:00 PM »

It's impossible, no dvd burner is capable of writing in the second layer. So you can do cheap (short) movies... or do them half. No way you can do it! Someone who thinks he can... may reply and prove me wrong!

CireZero

• Archived User
Dvd Movies
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 05:06:00 PM »

Do you know any good news groups for DVD movies?

cONEction

• Archived User
Dvd Movies
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2002, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hawk @ Aug 6 2002, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE (JCD @ Aug 5 2002, 10:33 PM)
It's impossible, no dvd burner is capable of writing in the second layer. So you can do cheap (short) movies... or do them half. No way you can do it! Someone who thinks he can... may reply and prove me wrong!

Yes it is possible. If you take the time to rip out all the superfluous crap like the DVD extras, commentaries, foreign languages, DTS or DD tracks that usually accompany most DVDs, almost 95% of the time one can get a regular movie onto a DVDR. Basically just cut the fat you don't need and it'll fit.

Thats right, and even if it wont fit, you can always take to time and encode the movie with lower birate,  blink.gif

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
Dvd Movies
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2002, 07:48:00 PM »

ya most dvd's are over 4.7GB so stuff will have to be ripped out.. so practically can't do 1:1 copies.  i have 50 dvd movies backed up (took out extras on all) and all work fine on my enigmah chipped xbox

[oMega]

• Archived User
Dvd Movies
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 09:42:00 PM »

So, if you copy a DVD and take out all the crap to make it fit on a DVDR, you still get the 5.1 dolby digital sound and shit? or is it crappy stereo?

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
Dvd Movies
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 10:03:00 PM »

5.1DD... whatever u include. DTS takes up more room than 5.1 DD.  but yes all of mine are 5.1 dolby digital... even those crappy vcds i put onto dvd

CireZero

• Archived User
Dvd Movies
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2002, 04:30:00 PM »

Hey Rob I ripped Friday and I redirected the vob files and stuff but it won't play on my xbox. but then I have a copy of Lord Of the Rings that my girlfriends dad's friend let me borrow and it played fine. I ripped out the menu's on friday. and I wonder if that's why it didn't work. Can you help me out?