xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hd Mod  (Read 23 times)

PyroSama

• Archived User
Hd Mod
« on: March 03, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »

I installed an HD mod in my console by soldering to the pins on the bottom of the board. Every thing is cleanly soldered and when boot the box with mode 2 / 3 both on and 1 off it boots as though mode 1 is one and in the ms dash it doesnt have the option for hd. When I only connect y pb pr the tv displays every thing in blue in standard def.

Bad solder points?

I have a modchip with some "av hack" that allows it to boot without the av pack plugged in which may be part of the problem I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Scott

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Hd Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(PyroSama @ Mar 4 2007, 07:04 AM) View Post

I installed an HD mod in my console by soldering to the pins on the bottom of the board. Every thing is cleanly soldered and when boot the box with mode 2 / 3 both on and 1 off it boots as though mode 1 is one and in the ms dash it doesnt have the option for hd. When I only connect y pb pr the tv displays every thing in blue in standard def.

Bad solder points?

I have a modchip with some "av hack" that allows it to boot without the av pack plugged in which may be part of the problem I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Scott

why did you solder it rather then using cables?

PyroSama

• Archived User
Hd Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »

Two reasons.

I wanted to try and do it from scratch and mount the connectors on the back of the box rather than putting more bucks in MSoft's hands.

Second I couldnt find any one local that sells the HD cable tongue.gif

If you have one I'm interested in buying it.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Hd Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »

well id say a couple of the solder joints arnt making good contact. often with these sort of things it is very hard to tell the imperfections. can you try re-soldering the joints?

PyroSama

• Archived User
Hd Mod
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 02:15:00 AM »

Yeah I will have to. If any of the points I'm thinking the jumper points due to the way I soldered them.

I doubt its the points on the board but you never know.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/pyrosama/th_P1010258.jpg)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Hd Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 02:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(PyroSama @ Mar 4 2007, 08:15 PM) View Post

Yeah I will have to. If any of the points I'm thinking the jumper points due to the way I soldered them.

I doubt its the points on the board but you never know.

IPB Image

well i know its not easy to do...but maybe there is just one or two....have a good old look at em