xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacing Dvd-rom  (Read 71 times)

holyniht

• Archived User
Replacing Dvd-rom
« on: March 30, 2003, 03:59:00 AM »

i couldnt get my thompson drive 2 boot a cd-rw so i swapped it wiht my creative-dvdrom following a tutorial from the tutorial section. upon boot im getting error code 12, i know what it means but i can find out how 2 fix it, im using a matrix flashed with the x2_4973_1.0_err_redblue bios. i've searched the forums but it didnt help since it wont search for anything with less than 3 letters
e.i. 12  , thanx in advance

aiax

• Archived User
Replacing Dvd-rom
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 04:05:00 AM »

have you kept your original xbox drive connected to the xbox's yellow power cable? you have to do this and open and close when you open the other....etc. i don't know this very much but i heared that you have to do this if you want your drive to work....

holyniht

• Archived User
Replacing Dvd-rom
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2003, 04:16:00 AM »

yeah i still ahve the yellow wires connected 2 the xbox dvd, but u lost me when u talked about opening and closing. when i turn my xbox on, about 2-3 secs passes then  it starts flashing green and red and i get that error, wether or not a cd is in either drive

aiax

• Archived User
Replacing Dvd-rom
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2003, 10:11:00 AM »

i know you have 2 ways to do this:
1 )you insert nothing in xbox's original drive and put the game in the pc's drive then reboot with evox and there you are

or

2)open xbox's original drive put an original game,open pc's drive put backup game then close pc's drive and then close xbox's original drive...........

hope this helps ,here for any explanation

holyniht

• Archived User
Replacing Dvd-rom
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »

im not even gettin that far, soon as i boot error. i think it might be the dvd rom drive, its a creative pc-dvd dxr2

strange

• Archived User
Replacing Dvd-rom
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 08:41:00 AM »

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/errorcodes.php
that might help doesn't give exact answers but somewhat,

i hooked up 3 dvd roms in my xbox, one standard phillips and another old phillips and it worked prefect, i would suggest maybe trying another type of dvd rom and see'n if you get the same error.   make sure that just power is connected to retail xbox and the ide is on the other and it should work fine, also check your jumper settings. that might play somewhat of a role

strange

• Archived User
Replacing Dvd-rom
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

woops not 3 dvd, 2 =P  can't spell for shit