• Archived User
Flicker
« on: September 14, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

rotfl.gif

rattler02

• Archived User
Flicker
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

It happens no matter what I set it at 480 - 1080, I have changed just about every setting including sound and it is still there.

Any ideas why it is doing this?

CreziB

• Archived User
Flicker
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

sounds to me like interference issues.  Have you taken the metal shielding out of your boxes?  I've found interference issues come from my power supply and produce the snow lines.  Perhaps you have it sitting near something or ontop of another device like a tivo/or cable box.  My issue is that I've heavily modded the box and have fixed my problem by enclosing the power supply in it's own metal shielding.  Which you shouldn't have to do if it's factory.

rattler02

• Archived User
Flicker
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »

I have not changed anything or moved any of the "electronics" around the Xbox to cause this to start happening. But I will try some "isolation" to see if that does correct this.
Could a "power supply on its way out" be doing this?
Is there a way to "diagnose / test" the power supply?
I have not done any mods to the shielding in the box and the only thing near it is the Pelican system selector Pro it is sitting on. The Xbox has been sitting on this selector since "day one" and I have not had any problems with it, but thinking about what you had said I'll try moving it, Thanks

rattler02

• Archived User
Flicker
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 07:25:00 AM »

unsure.gif

CreziB

• Archived User
Flicker
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

Here's something wierd that happens at my house.  When somone in any room of the house turns on a hair dryer my screen gets the snowy static stuff on the screen.  Nothing else does that for some reason.  I have a lot of heavy amp drawing items here and the hair dryer does it everytime.  Not your problem, I know, but just saying how sometimes it's pretty wierd stuff.

rattler02

• Archived User
Flicker
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »

jester.gif ? Either way I am glad the "snow" is gone, I use my box on a 61" HDTV and it was really annoying.

The  new sound issue is really not noticible during game play so I can deal with it. It is kind of interesting, I am trying to figure out what game it is, it does it when I am not connected to the network so it is not a "bleed through" and there is no disk in the tray.

rattler02

• Archived User
Flicker
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

muhaha.gif
I've tried  moving the box to a toatally different location , moving everything away from it  and it  is still there. Any ideas? Think sheilding the PS would help? If so how should I go about it and with what?
I don't see how this suddenly started and went away then came back with nothing changed to cause it or make it go away then come back.