xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Two Dvd Drives Connected  (Read 55 times)

avorkinn

• Archived User
Two Dvd Drives Connected
« on: March 11, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

As I have a box with the Thomson drive I have put in a PC-DVD drive and it taks all backups without problems. When playing originals I have to move the IDE cable over to the XBOX-DVD.
I have been thinking of putting an additional IDE connector on the cable and have them both connected all the time and use the power wires to controll which to use.
I would think it was enough to break only one cable both on the XBox-DVD and PC-DVD to disable the drive, can anyone tell me what cable to put the switch on. It would have been best if they both had the same Voltage, then I need only one source (input) to the switch and the switch send it either to the PC-DVD or the XBox-DVD.

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
Two Dvd Drives Connected
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

get a double throw swith and switch both the 5v (red) and 12v (yellow)

thats how id do it, i dunno what the tuts say on it tho

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
Two Dvd Drives Connected
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »

Im doing the same things you are doing with my project

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act...ST&f=24&t=36728

although Im adding another switchable hard drive too. Just do what methadone_pretty said for the power. Your gonna need to turn off the power for the PC DVD-ROM drive when you play origionals. And your'e gonna have to do what I'm doing to my xbox dvd-rom drive if you want to have it alwasys connected. Look at the link for what I came up with...