xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Corrupt Files With Xbmc  (Read 860 times)

froggyskipper

• Archived User
Corrupt Files With Xbmc
« on: September 14, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »

Hi,
    I just had my modchip reflashed after a problem occured.  Doing so, the guy who did it for mr reformatted my HD (a 1.5TB seagate).  So as I started to put my emus back on my xbox, I was transferring with a ftp program and it was going really slow.  I then realised my external hd (that has every games I have on it) was doing a lousy job with the ftp program.  Was it because from the usb port of my pc to the ftp program onton the xbox was to much to ask ? I don't know but now I transfered everything on my actual pc hd and everything if ftping nicely.  The problem is that while attempting the first time to ftp my stuff, it created a lot of weirdly names files and folders which I can't seem to be able to delete.  I click on them, I can rename them but when I press delete it just does nothing.  I hace 100GO worth of those garbage files and wont have enough room for my stuff, is there a way to delete them ?

bucko

• Recovered User
Corrupt Files With Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »

Do you have a spare IDE cable..as soon as I replaced my one it started working ok again. I had a similar problem.

froggyskipper

• Archived User
Corrupt Files With Xbmc
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »

Thanks for the input although, everything seems fine now, it was a bad partionning. I re-did everything and it's working now .