xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Half Working Softmod!  (Read 979 times)

stephace

• Archived User
Half Working Softmod!
« on: December 10, 2012, 06:03:00 AM »

Hello Again!!

I have an update on the project!!

Today I finally had the chance to completely remove the mobo from the Xbox and I just found out that it had a modchip installed in it. It is not the regular chip what I would expect because I was not able to see it from the top of the mobo. It was soldered on the bottom.  rolleyes.gif Strange looking thing as well because it has got like 30 wires or so.  That must have been the reason I didnt suspect it had been chipped. Probably the reason why it reseted itself on every opening. Maybe the softmod and the chip confused something and not work properly together.

Now the softmod has been fully removed, it loads up the MS dash. The strange thing about it is it loads backups, slayers, HexEn just about anything really BUT I am unable to change dashboard on it!!! blink.gif

Is it possible to change the dashboard on it somehow?

Thanks! Best regards!

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »

boot hexen. go to tsop/chipped xbox tools.
tell it to flash a 256k bios (1.0-1.5 id imagine) but if you have a 1.6 then use a 1.6 one.

i recomend m8+ bios for compatibility.

when its done "if its able to do it" boot back up to hexen and then again go to tsop chiped tools. then hard disk tools. and doa fres install c drive after tsop/chip flahs..

restart and remove the hexen disk, see what happens.

stephace

• Archived User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »

Hi there for all!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
I have a 1.0 xbox with working soft-mod on it, but the whole picture says it is only half working.
When booted up it loads the appropriate dash, pressing the eject button results the drive opens half way, it stops and closes. Meanwhile it restarts itself and starts again. The only way to make it work is if u turn it on with the eject button(only way when it opens fully), insert the disc and it loads up. Pressing the eject button when dash been loaded up results half opening and restart, opening the tray while loading up(xbox logo and flubber...)equals fully opens and reads disc wout probz....Very mental, very weird
Anyone experienced this ever?
Thanx in advance!

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »

i know you can configure the ind bios to reset when you press the eject button..
sounds like something similar.

stephace

• Archived User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »

would u know how to set it back to the original state, so it does not reset itself?

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »

How was your xbox softmodded? I also think you might wanna google for "Xbox Hexen Disk" and find the download for it, it should redo the softmod for you. Here is an little info on the Hexen disk

This post has been edited by steveo1978: Oct 28 2011, 12:59 AM

stephace

• Archived User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »

Hi there!

I have already tried HeXeN. Unfortunately  disc could not sort the problem out.
Originally It was modded kind of like it read only copied games but still had the orig ms dash.
Then I ran ndure 3.1 on it and started doing it after that. I used hexen on it but still no joy.

Although I just posted another topic, that xbox is being weird too. It looks like I only get these bastard ones blink.gif

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »

are you sure your softmodded ?
You couldnt possibly be Tsop flashed or chipped could you?
Did you soft mod it your self?

stephace

• Archived User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »

Hi There Folks!

Today, I have redone the softmod on the box. Guess what, still doing it. Again, I've read the eeprom, made an Xboxhdm disc with fresh C, ndure3.1 and after a successful softmod its still as annoying as it was.
Thought I share the experience.

P.S. All related cables, dvd Roms been already changed, still nout!

stephace

• Archived User
Half Working Softmod!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »

Hello Again!

I have completely removed the softmod from the box and put her back to its virgin state with only M$ dash on it and it was just fine. I mean when pressed on the eject button, it did what it has to do. No halfway coming out and reboot!! After I made another attempt to do a softmod(same ndure3.1) and when I finished it successfully, its doing it again!

Im thinking it has to do with the softmod something. Maybe it is not compatible with ndure3.1???!! I dont know.
If anyone knows...please let me know. Hopefully what I just explained, means something for someone, until then I just keep trying it.
Cheers!
Best Regards!