xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dragon Media Launcher Released  (Read 1097 times)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Dragon Media Launcher Released
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »

DRAGON Media Launcher Released
no restrictions on how you folder this

Plays Movies
TV Series
Albums
Slideshows
Plays Games
Play Emulators

To add artwork...add the filename.jpg
To add folder artwork...add FolderArt.jpg to the folder
Best way to display TV shows....add a FolderArt.jpg and nothing else...
Best way to use music albums...add autoplay.txt to the folder
Best way to use pictures...add slideshow.txt to the folder
To make a shutdown icon...add shutdown.txt to the folder
To go into settings...click left or right thumbstick
You can clear your thumbs by clicking on High Quality or Speed in settings...this will also change the thumbs quality
To stack Movies into one file....make them Movie-CD1.avi...Movie-CD2.avi.... and it will show as Movie

****Folders/Files of Interest****
DRAGON/UserData/sources.xml - this is the folders it grabs into the dashboard
DRAGON/system/FileZilla Server.xml - this stores the FTP location and types (could add G drive or other driver to XBOX if required)
DRAGON/slideshow - this houses the default pictures when playing music

****FTP Defaults****
F Drive opens only under User - XBOX Pass - XBOX
All open under User - Master Pass - User

More Documentation and features will follow with the followers....

(IMG:http://i43.tinypic.com/foq1yf.jpg)

I have been developing on the XBOX for many years, longer than anyone else I see around these days...most of my time was spent in XBMC but I am approaching the same amount of time now in CoinOPS....im going back to my roots at present and it feels great....

I once helped develop feature after feature within XBMC and believed in it.....modding then took off and when I saw what the general users really wanted and all the real problems they had the products around, I became aware that most people wanted something different....they wanted something that just work...looked great and was easy to use....
I realised that just because you can add stuff doesnt mean you should.....apple created the ipad and this did less than what was out before it....but it succeeded. Why? well this is simple really....it preformed what people wanted in a way that people loved....it didnt try to do everything....it was designed around the user and not around technical ability...for years adding features was what people wanted but when tested really they wanted a producted that did what they like in the easiest and most stylish way....
This is now my focus and has been for years...many people I know now love this focus...

Ive heard alot about me and why I do stuff....I do it because ive observed the common user...I used to think adding everything was the way to go myself and clearly I was wrong....I do this for myself, my family and friends....ive seen many come to believe in this way forward by the praise I get from around the community, with nearly every site saying CoinOPS is the best emulator on the XBOX and in truth it pretty much does everything...

Alot of people question me or my skills...I know what I can do...I did all the new videos....I did all the graphic design...alot of the coding(95 percent) and achieved what I setout to do....I do what I feel like at the time and its more than most...I do packages...skins...icons....coding, you name it, I do it....most people that question my skills are the type of people that fail cause they dont know its a matter of focus and drive....im not scare of my skills or lack of them...if I really want to do something I would learn....
My passion now is in updating my dashboard solution.....and will be for a while....and im betting ill achieve this and others will be questioning how or why I did this a certain way...but it will meet my vision and this is why it is done the way it is....

This is my vision now for DRAGON....turn on the power and you will see the beauty that is at your fingertips...never knowing the powerhouse that is driving it....feel secure that you can leave it with anyone without getting any questions and knowing they wont break anything no matter how hard they try....

Onwards and Upwards......

Peace all..........in the end no one will tell you if your right or wrong (only a few will) the real vote is when your not around and chatting at the water cooler....this is where I listen the most....

Source

This is a Copy and paste from the source I did not write any of the quoted text or create the images.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »

Nice!
You know I gots to check this out! Downloading now.... muhaha.gif

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »

I am excited about this dash. I have not tried it yet, but the screenshots look great.

I use UnleashX as a dash because it has the most features. I have debated using one of the hacked M$Dashes since they are hands down the cleanest, simplest dashes --- so easy, anyone could navigate it. Sadly the M$Dash hack (that I used, at least) didn't support the remote (only con I could find).

I would use XBMC as a dash but I don't really like the app/game/emulator selection screens (Maybe it's the skin I'm using, or something).

I think it is awesome that someone has envisioned a new dash and is following through with developing it.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »

I use the Unleash X dash as well. I have XBMC installed as the dash on my slims, but on my full sized consoles, I use Unleash X and will never change that.

Side note: Dragon is OK, but so far, it leaves something to be desired. Basically, if you already have XBMC, there is really no reason to use this one at its current stage, unless you are one of those type that has to load their console up with every app ever made for Xbox.

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Feb 28 2012, 05:07 AM) View Post

I use the Unleash X dash as well. I have XBMC installed as the dash on my slims, but on my full sized consoles, I use Unleash X and will never change that.

Side note: Dragon is OK, but so far, it leaves something to be desired. Basically, if you already have XBMC, there is really no reason to use this one at its current stage, unless you are one of those type that has to load their console up with every app ever made for Xbox.

Ah, alright. If I had a slim intended to be used as a media player and nothing else I would probably use XBMC as a dash too.

I still really want to try Dragon, but right now I am trying to make fully customized bios (perfectionist) --- maybe you can help me with this question about iND bios ---> http://forums.xbox-s...p?sho...&st=0 ? Way back when I vaguely remember reading about the configuration injection "bugs" but I can't remember. I've been on the IRC channel talking to myself for a couple days now trying to find someone who knows the answer  tongue.gif

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »

I have no experience in using the config injection feature of iND. I have only always put the config file on the HD.

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Feb 29 2012, 11:32 PM) View Post

I have no experience in using the config injection feature of iND. I have only always put the config file on the HD.

Thanks anyway. Nobody answered the question so I just researched a lot and did a lot of stalling since I didn't want to mess up my ability to reflash the chip if anything went wrong (I lost my X2.2 external programmer and emptied every dresser and desk drawer in my room, moved everything out from under my bed, and pulled everything out of my closet, still couldn't find it). I had been having a problem with FlashX where it would lock up half way while flashing. Still can't figure out what this was all about, unless maybe you must boot from Bank 1 to flash, because that's what I did to test it and everything worked fine.

I went in this order to create the bios: XBTool -> FlubberTextTool -> LogoX2

The only real things left to be desired are the wireframe blob which wasn't an option in FlubberTextTool, and the random camera angles for the blob, because for whatever reason the checkbox for that in FTT is greyed out. I seem to remember a thread where a member explained how to hex edit those features in, so I'll probably search for that soon.

I read that iND has a bug with IGR where you can very easily trigger the IGR (or shutdown) by only pushing 2 buttons simultaneously. It was addressed in a Beta version, but caused further problems relating to XBMC.

By using X2, I can't replace the "X" Logo like I wanted (at least not with the available tools), and to edit the "XBOX" text I would need to tinker with 3DS Max and Deep Exploration 3.5 (which seems to be a real chore). I'm cool with it though, because it's really close enough to what I was trying to achieve  smile.gif

I'll be making some touch ups and then I'll finally get to try Dragon.

Also, when navigating UIX a bit, I pretty much realized that UnleashX is kind of better. I don't like the item browsing in UIX, it's just weird launching games from the menu that was normally used for gamesave management in the M$ dash.

Also just bought the HD AV Pack for Xbox (I have high definition cables already, but not one with optical audio). Can't wait to revisit some Xbox games with surround sound goodness  smile.gif