xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Easiest Way To Swap Dashboard From Unleash To Xbmc  (Read 858 times)

unclebree

• Archived User
Easiest Way To Swap Dashboard From Unleash To Xbmc
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »

First off, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. If not, then I apologize.

I'm trying to find the EASIEST way to swap my dashboard from Unleash to XBMC.

I want to be able to do it in a way that I'm practically guaranteed NOT to lose any work I've done to it.

It's a v1.6 model, soft-mod with a 500GB hdd. I've got all my games loaded on there and I've done a LOT of work on all the emus I have on there. (i.e Splitting emus, adding my own background music, putting in some of the GREAT icons made by Xboxer -- big thanks to him for that.)

The thing is, I modded originally to Unleash because I was most familiar with that, but everything looks so much better in XBMC (I have it as an app) with the HD skins and icons, plus I can access my pics, movies and music from XBMC. I'd like to make it the other way around, where the XBMC would be my main dash, and Unleash as an app.

I was wondering (and hoping) it would be something REAL simple, like for instance I have seen under the XBMC part there is a screen when I go to:

Settings -- then Programs, it brings up a screen that has a checkbox for "Use Custom Dashboard", and it's checked and the dashboard shows "C:xboxdash.xbe"

I thought maybe I could just change that to something that points it to XBMC.

It has to be a FOOLproof method because if there's a way to mess it up, you can bet I will.

Anyway, thanks in advance and again I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

~Rich~

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:32:00 PM »

You're not in the right forum - Newbie or XBMC would be infinitely more logical..... and if I had a pound for every time I've written these instructions I could afford a short holiday. (That's code for "how hard did you search....?) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Install XBMC as an application in E:\Apps\XBMC\

Make sure it works as an application.

Get hold of the Team XBMC shortcut - two files, a .cfg and a .xbe. Edit the ,cfg file with a text editor so it points to your XBMC installation location. Rename the shortcut default.xbe, and the text file default.cfg. Put them in a temporary folder on your Xbox e.g. E:\Temp\. Run the shortcut from the UnleashX file manager, and make sure it launches XBMC properly.

Finally, find your current dash location. For Krayzie 1.1.1 it is E:\Dashboard\default.xbe, for Kingroach it is E:\Dash\default.xbe, for SID 5 it is E:\evoxdash.xbe.

Copy your current dash and its associated config.xml to E:\Apps\Unleashx\, and if necessary rename the xbe to default.xbe. Make sure you can run it from the UnleashX apps menu or from the file manager.

Finally, rename the shortcut files (both of them) if required to match the name of the dash file you are replacing, then copy them to your current dash location. Reboot and you will have XBMC as your dash.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Yesterday, 12:39 AM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 07:07:00 AM »

closing so there is only one open post.

Please refer to: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry4787865