xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hidden Microsoft Dashboard Option.  (Read 737 times)

Team Xlink

• Archived User
Hidden Microsoft Dashboard Option.
« on: October 04, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »

I am setting Xbox for semi-public use. I have an 80gb hard drive and I am currently backing up my games onto it and installing some awesome homebrew games.

I have made a disc that is a directory for all of the games, it list every game, along with a screenshot, name and description, I'm making what is essentially a kiosk.

The disc works and displays the games on the hard drive and runs them, so that is good, but my problem lies withing the public use aspect.

Anyone with semi good vision can tell that the Xbox isn't stock and that it isn't legal, just because of the dashboard, I currently have UnleashX with Antholons MS Dash Green, but it isn't good enough, it still has all of the options and everything.

I wold like to add a hidden option deep within the Ms Dashboard menu, probably in one of the settings sch as language settings.

I currently have a Visual Basic.Net 2003 set that I got from school along with the  cd-key. I have access to the Dev dash files if necessary, bt I don't think they are needed, I also have my ms dashboard.

What else do I need to do this?

How would I go about doing this, are there any references or guides/examples of editing the MS Dashboard?

Also, I believe this post is allowed because it doesn't break any of the rules here[/rl], and it isn't breaking any other rules that I know of, but if it is, please let me know what I did wrong, if you just lock it and delete it, I have no idea what rule I have broken, so a private message, email or any way to tell me would be great, even if its just editing the post to be blank and posting a reply to the topic with the rle I'm breaking, anything at all.

Thank you.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Team Xlink @ Oct 5 2010, 01:41 AM) View Post
but it isn't good enough, it still has all of the options and everything.

Edit config.xml to remove the options you don't want. Also, put the menu on the hard drive so that even if someone removed the boot disc they still only see the games menu.

Team Xlink

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 4 2010, 08:45 PM) *

Edit config.xml to remove the options you don't want. Also, put the menu on the hard drive so that even if someone removed the boot disc they still only see the games menu.

The skin still shows a green box where text should be.

I don't want to pt the game menu on the hard drive because the Xbox will also be used for music, dvds, and game save managing.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »

So, edit the skin file to get rid of the green box .......