xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Some Help  (Read 300 times)

OHGSketch

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« on: December 05, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »

About a year ago i had hacked my xbox with the xbmc dashboard. got tired of it and wanted to try others, evox etc and i had and still have Auto-Installer Deluxe. i accidently removed a dashboard so i could install another and i guess thats where i made the mistake. as now m,y xbox pops up with error codes 6, 12 and 16 depending on what jumper position i have the hdd on.

Now heres my Q.

I did backup my eeprom and all that stuff however it has gone missing.  only thing i have is the original MS dash files. but cannot for the life of me get them on the HD. i hooked 2 different xbox original HDs to 2 pc's and they dont reconize no matter what the jumper settings are. i read that some games have the MS dash on there disc will this fix my boot problem? then i could just remod it if i must right? at one point with those error codes i could still boot xbox original games. but it wont boot em anymore.

Could the HDs not be booting due to lock/unlock? i forget which it must be for pc to reconize it.

All this just cause i accidently deleted some kind f dash files.

I have many regualr compatible HDs for PC i would like to use, but dunno how to set them up. every tutorial i read always has something i must do that i cannot due to lack of dash board and no eeprom original files.

Any help will be much appreciated.

-Sketch

OHGSketch

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:49:00 AM »

[Sorry for double post, couldnt find the EDIT button?]

Ok i have made some progress. i used XBHDM and got my original dash back but i still get errors.

Im using a 160GB hd. after all installs, when i place it in the xbox. one time ill get error 5, HDD not locked.
so i plugg it back into my PC, and lock it with my eeprom password etc etc [ which i finally found on a backup DVD lol]
But then when i plugg it into xbox, i get error 6, Cannot unlock HDD.

I keep reading something about HAVING to have the original HDD that came retail. which i do. im gonna try locking and unlocking it next, then toss in the upgrade from there and play around and see what happens.

Any help?

-Sketch

OHGSketch

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

Nevermind. got help from Afterdawn forums. lol seemed to be the only place where people replied.