xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trying To Get Xbmc As Dash Cant Find Any Threads That Help :(  (Read 433 times)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Trying To Get Xbmc As Dash Cant Find Any Threads That Help :(
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »

we need the more info on your xbox first

What does the X logo screen look like (what colors, words, and symbols are on it)

next list the contents of your C:\ and E:\ drives

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »

its a green screen just like an unmodded xbox, and the main menu has emulation, games, applications, system and media centre and down the bottom of the screen it says gametronix. Theres some text that changes in the bottom left hand side of the screen and most of it is rubbish except for a bit that says "beta v1.03" On C:\audio, backup, bios, credits, emuskins, fonts, gameslist, gametronix, language, media, PROMODS, pax, psxcds, screensavers, scripts, skin, sounds, system, userdata, visualisations, web, xodash, codelist.inf, gamelist.txt, items.txt, main.ini, settings_adoc.xip, xbnc.log, Xbox Book.xtf, Xbox.xtf, xboxdash.cfg, xboxdash.xbe, xboxdashBK.xbe (the last three are ones i've touched). On E:\90x26, apps, CACHE, emu, games, gameslist, gametronix, GTXDASHG_V1.10027100, PROMODS, saves, screenshots, sys, tdata, udata, utils, XBcopy000, GAMETRONIX.xbe, screendump.bmp All the games are stored in PROMOD** folders under F:\Gameslist

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »

Oh also when it boots up its a white background with a green fountain looking thingy i don't quite know how to describe it sad.gif

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »

I did some reading and it seems GAMETRONIX preferred to flash the tsop instead of installing chips You can check the tsop solder points to see if the are closed and which tsop chip you have sue this http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=233352 and this http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=266342 to check the points and this to identify your tsop http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=231408

Also try launching E:\GAMETRONIX.xbe to see if it loads your dash

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »

Tried E:\GAMETRONIX.xbe and still nothing sad.gif the mother board looks like 1.0-1.1 but my tsop isnt in the list sad.gif and the points arent soldered either.... ontop of the tsop is a white sticker that says 4043 XM3 the tsop has 40 pins. lol how the hell did they mod it :S if it was a softmod i would have stuffed something up by now right? - should i lift the sticker and see if theres a brand name underneath?

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:59:00 PM »

lifted the sticker it appears to be the STMicroelectronics tsop

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 12:12:00 AM »

the st can be flashed using slayers or evox and i would recommend the ind-bios its great just rename the shortcuts for xbmc to evoxdash.xbe and evoxdash.cfg or you can just copy the contents of the xbmc folder to C: so that the default.xbe is like this C:\default.xbe and then rename it to evoxdash.xbe

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 12:32:00 AM »

thankyou heaps for your help smile.gif ill give that a try later after dinner i think lol ill ask if i run into any snags smile.gif

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »

i have a 200Gb HDD in mine, slayer 2.6 says it only supports up to 137Gb sad.gif any other options?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 06:06:00 AM »

The rest will almost certainly be allocated to the G partition. Enable it in your dashboard. You may also need to format it - use your dash, or XBPartitioner 1.1.

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »

if i have to format it how can i keep the 35 odd games ive accumulated so far?

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

you should not have to format the hdd if you flash the bios but you can always just get Evox and flash the bios that way and get a bios that you want and put it in the bios folder of evox and flash if the points are not closed it will not flash and it will not make any change to your system and you will just have to solder the points then flash

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »

if the points arent soldered and theres no chip put in how was it modded in the first place? thats whats got me stumped lol. would they have soldered the points, flashed the bios and then unsoldered them?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 03:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Nov 7 2008, 06:37 AM) View Post

you should not have to format the hdd if you flash the bios

He will if he changes from a .67 BIOS to an .06 BIOS......

One way to tell how the box is modded is to run BIOSChecker. If it comes up with a retail BIOS then the box is softmodded, if not then it is flashed.

It sounds more and more like the box is softmodded..... smile.gif

wesleymartin

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

lol i made a boo-boo but i found where the gtx dash is tongue.gif by going to the gametronix website someone else was asking the same qn, to stop the xbox booting to the gtx dash you have to rename the sys folder in e:\ to something else and put the xbmc files in there so i tried that and i get error 13. ive been trying to do a hotswap to change it back or try placing a shortcut in there directing it to the xbmc xbe but if i pull the ide cable out when im told and plug it to my computer then windows won't boot, it gives me a boot error and im sure that its boot priority is to my normal hdd and the only way windows recognises the hdd is if i dont do a hot swap just plug it in, but of course its still locked sad.gif am i stuffed or is there a way out of this??

would slayers answer all my problems? ill give it a try anyways cos theres nothing to lose i guess tongue.gif
Pages: [1] 2