Author Topic: 1 Dash?  (Read 266 times)

ldotsfan

• Archived User
1 Dash?
« on: August 12, 2008, 06:52:00 AM »

Clock 'fix'
http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4322218

Dash replacement:
Figure out where the dash for your softmod is booting from by launching the xbe in file manager.
Possibilities:E:\dash or E:\dashboard are common choices. Use the shortcut XBE in the XBMC download tools folder to point to your XBMC folder. backup eeprom before you do dash replacement and test it first from the file manager before rebooting.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
1 Dash?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:59:00 AM »

Single dash is not an unusual configuration. A dash is basically just a xbe for the xbox to execute at boot time.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
1 Dash?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 02:46:00 AM »

u could either  install a mod chip or do the tsop flash then have xbmc as the only dash then if u have a power converter which i am pretty sure u do just wire it straight to the car battery

niterider1985

• Archived User
1 Dash?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »

Well I mean, I am trying to avoid the mod chip setup and I don't leave it in the car because I typically work on it. When it is in the car, I do have my power converter hooked up for it. I was just looking at being able to bypass the M$ Dash without the mod chip or keeping it plugged in. I'm not sure if it has a bad cap in it, or even were to find the cap at inside. I would do the battery swap, if I could find more information about it, because that would be the most logical thing in my opinion. I don't see why M$ didn't put one in, in the first place and treat it like a computer, seeing that it pretty much is a basic pc.

manpee1

• Archived User
1 Dash?
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »

just like ldotsfan said in the second reply

use flash FXP to find the directory of your MAIN dashboard..(E:\dash)

then find the dash files for XBMC (E:\apps\XBMC\) they will be named "default.xbe" etc.
then put ALL the files from XBMC into "E:\DASH\

this will make XBMC your default and only dash and it will never ask you to set the clock

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or you can softmodd using ndure's UnleashX and it comes with a clock patch and will never ask you to set the clock

steveo1978

• Recovered User
1 Dash?
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »

if u r talking about removing the xbox dash then no u can not remove that without haveing a chip or tsop flashed xbox If i were u i would look into the tsop flash or the modchip for 2 reasons first so that u can solve the clock problem and second so that u can customize the boot screens to look like it was made for your car like having it match your cars color or emblems or just show nothing and boot straight to xbmc