xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xdk Help Needed  (Read 237 times)

PickleNinja

• Archived User
Xdk Help Needed
« on: May 31, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »

Well, I finally installed the XDK after much ado, however, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif) The god damn screen doesn't work!
My TV supports all modes PAL NTSC...
I put it into PAL - I mode (I'm in Australia) and the screen goes whizzing around at a million miles an hour.
I put it into NTSC - J mode  and the screen goes orangey and whizzes around at a trillion (Yes, it actually goes faster (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)) miles an hour.
I put it into the other mode and the screen stays the same and whizzes around at a trillion miles an hour.
So, I made a short cut with a hotkey (Ctrl+Alt+S) that links to a batch file which runs the XDK screen capture app and then opens the picture (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif) .
The question here is self explanatory: HOW DO I GET THE DAMN THING WORKING.
My xbox is PAL 1.4 I think. I run the XDK by running Avalaunch on startup (avalaunch.xbe) then I boot the XDK bios, which boots xboxdash.xbe, and so runs the XDK. I have installed the cdrive.dxt and fdrive.dxt files.

Also, I really want to take videos of me playing Halo 2 / KOTOR but I put the game in to play, run the bios and POOF, KABLAMO, Mr.XBox takes another spaz and tosses a "There was an error running the XBox executable" in my face. Only one program works, the Audio tool thing. Help would be much appreciated.

PickleNinja

• Archived User
Xdk Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »

Sorry, I have the XDK build 5933

obcd

• Archived User
Xdk Help Needed
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 03:03:00 AM »

Hi,

maybe you are using the wrong debug bios for a different video encoder chip?

The original debug biosses that come with the xdk only run debug signed applications. A retail signed application like an original game won't work.

I don't think it is possible to run Halo 2 from within the debug dashboard with only 64MB of Ram. You will need the full 128MB to do it. (Altough I am not sure about that last one.)

regards.

PickleNinja

• Archived User
Xdk Help Needed
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:03:00 AM »

so which bios do i need

obcd

• Archived User
Xdk Help Needed
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »

As far as I can remember, I had the best results with the TATX_DEBUG_BFM bios. It can also run "non debug signed xbe's" and you can also see the xbox C and F partition in the xbox neiborhood.
(After ftping a couple of files over to the xbox.)
But, it has been a while, and they are all called bios.bin...
My xboxes are 1.0 and 1.1. Not sure if that makes a difference.

regards.