xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Gets Choppy, Fixed By Deleting Userdata Folder  (Read 202 times)

spinemangler

• Archived User
Xbmc Gets Choppy, Fixed By Deleting Userdata Folder
« on: April 23, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »

Hey Guys,

I am having an issue with XBMC as my dash. It doesn't matter which skin I'm using, but I use MC360 most.

The problem randomly appeared one day while I was FTPing a few movies to the xbox hard drive. My ftp client seemed to hang, so I grabbed the controller and tried to navigate around the dash. It seemed really choppy, and unresponsive.

I tried 4 different version of XBMC (all T3CH builds), and the problem persisted. It occured to me that the only common thing between all of these versions was that I used the same UserData folder that I had backed up. As soon as I deleted it, it seemed to spring to life.

I am wondering if someone else has seen this before? I have my PC and xbox networked, and around 280 movies on the PC. The xbox connects to it, and has movie covers and plots for all the movies, as well as some TV shows too.

It seems like maybe the problem is there is some sort of cache that I am filling up, and when it hits that point, XBMC goes into slow mode. I am now rebuilding my dash settings from scratch, but I would hate to do this again by continuing to use my xbox as I have done before.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!