xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: !eviloader-new Xbox Dashboars/xbe-loader  (Read 148 times)

Alekz

• Archived User
!eviloader-new Xbox Dashboars/xbe-loader
« on: January 15, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

KingSyze

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 09:20:00 AM »

Interesting enough, they have a link to download it from their website.... didn't think that was allowed??

Click on production and then at the bottom (below the screenshot) there is a download link...

Its not a skin .zip download either, (if thats what you where thinking), it includes the xbe and such.

hmmmm.....

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 09:28:00 AM »

Well, it is "the most powerfull Xbox menu maker"  biggrin.gif

From what I see, it's basically a simple MenuX-type DVD-R menu, but I'm at work, and I don't know if I'll have time to play with it tonight.

It might be pretty decent, if people find it's simple enough to set up. Having to put the information into an ini file makes it easier than MenuX's XDI compilation, but there is one program out there that only requires you to put a few files right in the game directories (erm, wonder which one that might be).

So it looks like it's a pretty tight little menu app that will probably appeal to people. Easier than MenuX, not as idiot-proof as MXM, but faster loading and 'simpler' (got to quote that, since MXM can be very simple to set up, but all the other features can send some people off screaming into the night laugh.gif even though they can ignore all the other stuff and still get a slick DVD-R made up)

I haven't tried Team Ava's DVD-R menu app, either, so I can't measure it against that. I would suggest people try all of them and use the one that best suits your taste.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (KingSyze @ Dec 17 2003, 01:20 PM)
Interesting enough, they have a link to download it from their website.... didn't think that was allowed??

Click on production and then at the bottom (below the screenshot) there is a download link...

Its not a skin .zip download either, (if thats what you where thinking), it includes the xbe and such.

hmmmm.....

Yes, I noticed that.

Of course, they are also in France. M$ would probably get laughed at, insulted and "farted at in their general direction!"  jester.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (Alekz @ Dec 17 2003, 06:59 PM)
checked it out, some moments ago...  blink.gif ...  laugh.gif

it is a funny looking dashboard with fancy music!!! good work i think, though it should have better link options, linked xbe files have to placed in subfolders in the eviLoader direc... thats pretty lame for hdd users... no problem when you want to use it as a dvd menu! but i hope the developers correct that,... the dash is very fresh and i hope it wont be the last release wink.gif
btw: haven't checked it out, but as ive seen on my first view, this app has many sexy skin features and shouldnt be as hard to mod... esspecially the "super mario world" < ! >  effect when an app loads and the star animation in the back rock!  love.gif

Sounds neat... I'll have to take good look at it this weekend.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 01:10:00 AM »

Hey BJ don't forget UnleashX has a dvd multigame support!!!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 01:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Dec 18 2003, 05:10 AM)

Ooops! Sorry about forgetting that one... I haven't had a chance to try that out, either. sad.gif

Damn I am looking forward to Christmas break.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2003, 02:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Dec 18 2003, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Dec 18 2003, 05:10 AM)

Ooops! Sorry about forgetting that one... I haven't had a chance to try that out, either. sad.gif

Damn I am looking forward to Christmas break.

Hehe i'm already on mine  beerchug.gif
Its supposedly meant to be pretty good so i'll have to give it a try!

Heykrop

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 04:46:00 AM »

I looked at the star animation file.  Here is what I found.  based on info in the file and the fact that it is a .x file.    

http://www.gamedev.n...article1196.asp

It looks to be based of the DirectX API for 3D models.

Mattie

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2003, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Heykrop @ Dec 18 2003, 02:46 PM)
I looked at the star animation file.  Here is what I found.  based on info in the file and the fact that it is a .x file.   

http://www.gamedev.n...article1196.asp

It looks to be based of the DirectX API for 3D models.

I checked their forum... My french is not that good, but this is easy to understand:

le format de la music ce trouve sur ce site (un grand merci a Leonard en passant):
Leonard Home page -> StSound YM-Format
sur le site vous trouverer aussi un l'utilitaire StSound afin d'ecouter ces musics d'un autre temps
Et aussi un lien ou en trouver...

-le format du fichier .x est le format standard DirectX pour les objets 3D.
voici quelques logiciels 3D supportant ce format (avec ou sans un plug-in):
3ds max, Maya, Cinema 4D, TrueSpace, 3D Canvas LP, MilkShape 3D, OpenFX
la plupart sont payant  , sauf le dernier qui est gratuit  

So sound is YM format (check the link: http://leonard.oxg.free.fr/ )

and .x is directx indeed.

But I have som troubles with it now.
I made 1 disc and it worked... but afer that all other times I'm trying to run it (from disc or HD) won't work anymore... screen is black and xbox hangs.

It looked very nice simple and fast, so I would realy like to get it working again...

EDIT:
Re-downloaded it, and works again... probably deleted some file or so..

discworld

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

i gave this a quick spin and I was nothing but impressed.
Its a tidy, nice little dash with a very...(hate to use this word) cute... look about it (what I meant is that its very nice and almost gamecubish - lovely to look at).

Its by the far the symplist dash option I've seen out, so its absoloutly ideal for anyone that only uses their dash for 10 seconds in between loading games.

I like wink.gif