xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Wip Build ?  (Read 1599 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« on: September 11, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »

I just turned on unleashX and got this message this morning
Genuine????

isaac_24

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

I got that too but I haven't updated yet.

EDIT: Shows up as version 0.38.0900WIP Build 568 after update

This post has been edited by isaac_24: Sep 12 2005, 07:08 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

hrmm you notice anything different I havn't updated yet until UnleashX himself says somthing or I get a changelog

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Sep 12 2005, 11:15 PM

sr_sparky

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 03:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 13 2005, 06:19 AM)
hrmm you notice anything different I havn't updated yet until UnleashX himself says somthing or I get a changelog

Just had a quick look, and it appears the checking of games doesnt happen everytime now.. but i can't remember any other bugs, and cant be bothered looking through the release build topic to test all the problems  tongue.gif

ratx

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 06:56:00 AM »

great news wink.gif

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

I have the correct tag in my xml, but for some reason, I do not have the option to update wip anymore.  I'd like to get this new WIP, but I cant!  Can anyone help me?

sr_sparky

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »

If you are currently running a Public build, copy the xbe and your current xml file to another directory, then run it, update to the wip, then copy the xbe file back as your default.

(Hopefully this will help, i know its not well written, but i don't have any time left to fix it   sad.gif )

unleashx

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

Sorry I was such in a hurry and didn't have enough time to post the change log or anything at all after posting the live update data. Hopefully, this would make it up somehow. Firstly, yes, this is a genuine release. Some new additions and fixes are the following:

*FTP client: It should now be more tolerant with 0 byte-sized file
*File manager: Added sorting option: Name, Size, Type and Date
*Video mode: You can now change betwen PAL and NTSC. Setting is persistent, meaning it won't reset on reboot. On bootup, you can hold Back+LT to change  to PAL, Back+RT to NTSC instantly.
*Video Settings: Widescreen/Normal, HDTV Modes are now persistent and will affect programs that uses them, including MS dash.
*Storage Settings: Hard disk can be lock/unlock now. WARNING: Not tested with apps that patches the ROM, or any of the virtual drive stuff.
*Storage Settings: Full SMART reporting, including but not limited to HD Temp. Sometimes, you would see the current value greater than the max recorded value. This is because I don't update the data in the disk.
*Fixed the bug in title searching where it always search for icons and videos everytime, making it appear somehow slower.

There are a few others, like new localizable strings...etc. I'll try to look them up and post it here.

Thanks and again, sorry for not posting this any sooner.

This post has been edited by unleashx: Oct 4 2005, 11:37 PM

Drilus

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

hooray for unleashx!!! I'm eagerly awaiting the next release. Keep up the great work!

Jezz_X

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(unleashx @ Oct 4 2005, 11:58 AM)
*Storage Settings: Hard disk can be lock/unlock now. WARNING: Not tested with apps that patches the ROM, or any of the virtual drive stuff.
*Storage Settings: Full SMART reporting, including but not limited to HD Temp. Sometimes, you would see the current value greater than the max recorded value. This is because I don't update the data in the disk.

Hehe I just gave up an updated finnally today before reading this and was just about to post screen shots showing people them so here they are anyway

(IMG:http://www.supload.com/thumbs/default/Image_0001.jpg) (IMG:http://www.supload.com/thumbs/default/Image_0002.jpg)

Now if some one is gamer than me to try unlockign HD report back

sr_sparky

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 02:47:00 AM »

HDD Lock/Unlock:
I have a WD1200BB hard drive, and i locked and unlocked it no worries and checked it both times with config magic.

0byte ftp:
I sent and received a 0byte file, one with an extension and the other without, and both ways worked fine.

Everything else looks good (once again).

Thanks very much for the update.

sr_sparky

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

Also, is it possible to get the SMART temperatures in celcius, instead of farenheit?

Cheers,
Stuart

isaac_24

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 10:17:00 AM »

Is there an option to auto-change the video mode to NTSC or PAL when launching games? I thought there was but I can't remember. If you don't know what I mean, something like having an NTSC-set xbox and launching a PAL game automatically launches the game in NTSC mode. As of now, I do it manually by pressing Start.

I was hoping this build would have something like that.

This post has been edited by isaac_24: Oct 5 2005, 05:20 PM

zero5

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 04:32:00 AM »

is this at the usual place yet ?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
New Wip Build ?
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(zero5 @ Oct 9 2005, 10:36 PM)
is this at the usual place yet ?