xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wip Build 561  (Read 1522 times)

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

Thread reused for 561.
Change log:
*Fixed a few issues, as reported, with FTP client.

=============================
WIP Build 560 is out.

Change Log:
*Changed width of music player to accomodate extreme overscan
*Fixed FTP client. It should now be able to connect to other xbox ftp server. Also tested with Serv-U
*Music player will continue to play the selected file from file explorer even after exiting/hiding the player.
*added right thumbstick to control the bottom-right corner when doing screen calibration.
*Updated UnRar engine to 3.40. Fixed a few issues with extracting archives as well since there were changes in 3.40 engine that affected the unpacking code.

Build 559 and up is now using a new live update script. If you are using a version earlier than 556, you'll have to do live update twice. Once, to get 559, and another to upgrade to 560. Again, you can't use 556 or 557.

Edit:
To those doing the manual upgrade, check the URI, or try live update again, I did a minor change in the web engine. Can't say it fixes the issue, but it's worth a try.

Thanks guys, really appreciate all your help.

This post has been edited by unleashx: Apr 27 2005, 05:49 PM

[BiA]FRAGMAN

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

Great! I can't wait to see the release candidate in action smile.gif

I'm trying to update from 559 right now, but the download just stops seemingly at random points when downloading. Then an error message says that the file may be corrupt or damaged.
I'll try updating from an earlier version if this problem persists...

[BiA]FRAGMAN

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

It seems that the problem may have been caused by my router. Either way, after my last try it downloaded like it should from 559, so no worries smile.gif.

FTP client seems rock solid with all servers I've tested so far. I like the way it just switches to PORT if PASV is reported to be unsupported by the server. Details like that is what makes UnleashX great.
Music player also displays correctly when the picture is scaled to my TV biggrin.gif

Region switching still doesn't work with M8/+ BIOS versions. Could you comment on that James, so I know if I should stop reporting it? I'm also interested in knowing if it is even possible to do with M8 without altering the EEPROM.

Great update and surely worth a non-WIP release if you ask me.

incognegro

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »

I SECOND THAT!!!!! dry.gif

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

Tried connecting to Xbins through the file manager and it worked  smile.gif  Only problem that cane up was that the Transfer Queue window didn't show. All I had was the two windows. Here a pic

user posted image

I did put something in the Transfer Queue and that is how it came up.

MausMan

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

Seems like you put a cd or dvd in your drive and recognised, but cant play it from the disk.
  :beer:

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »

I've tried playing a few XMVs in the file manager but after a while you were longer able to play any more. I checked the XBOX info (Y) and found that I only had 1538 KB memory free. Does UnleashX not release memory (I understand that it's not a media payer biggrin.gif) or is this a bug? You can try it if you have Street Racing Syndicate since that has tons of XMVs.

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

QUOTE([BiA]FRAGMAN @ Apr 27 2005, 01:10 AM)
Region switching still doesn't work with M8/+ BIOS versions. Could you comment on that James, so I know if I should stop reporting it? I'm also interested in knowing if it is even possible to do with M8 without altering the EEPROM.

Sorry 'bout that. I have yet to take a look at M8, but from the look of things, it wouldn't be easy. It has been noted, though.

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(isaac_24 @ Apr 27 2005, 02:08 AM)
Tried connecting to Xbins through the file manager and it worked  :)  Only problem that cane up was that the Transfer Queue window didn't show. All I had was the two windows. Here a pic

(IMG:http://img198.echo.cx/img198/3717/btvjpeg0013gr.th.jpg)

I did put something in the Transfer Queue and that is how it came up.

You are using a custom background for the file manager, no? You can force the border to be drawn via the skin file.

Maybe I should force the border of the queue box, what do you think?

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(MausMan @ Apr 27 2005, 02:38 AM)
Seems like you put a cd or dvd in your drive and recognised, but cant play it from the disk.
  :beer:

Sorry, I couldn't quite get what you mean. Are you talking about auto-play?

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(isaac_24 @ Apr 27 2005, 02:44 AM)
I've tried playing a few XMVs in the file manager but after a while you were longer able to play any more. I checked the XBOX info (Y) and found that I only had 1538 KB memory free. Does UnleashX not release memory (I understand that it's not a media payer :D) or is this a bug? You can try it if you have Street Racing Syndicate since that has tons of XMVs.

This is currently a known issue and I've done considerable amount of testing on it, but haven't found anything yet. Video screen saver doesn't do that, but it happens in the file manager. It is the same class, yet, it happens. I'll check it out again.

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(unleashx @ Apr 26 2005, 07:00 PM)
You are using a custom background for the file manager, no? You can force the border to be drawn via the skin file.

Maybe I should force the border of the queue box, what do you think?

Yes, it was a custom skin. Forcing the border of the queue box I think would be better. Unless your intention now is that the file manager can have two images, one for regular (2 windows) and the other when you are connected through the FTP Browser (3 windows). Most skins would need to be updated for those with custom file manager skin though.

Also, I tried it with the Default skin and everything worked fine but I noticed something when selecting that skin. Pressing A twice wouldn't save the skin, only Start would.

This post has been edited by isaac_24: Apr 27 2005, 02:12 AM

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

Since I can't edit my above posts anymore, after a couple of times changing skins back and forth, the file manager and ftp browser display fine if you are not using an image for your filemanager.

moviecut

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »

i couldn`t test the new 560er build, but i want to report 2 ugly "xbox2xbox ftp-bugs" here (only tested with 559, but i think it is still there).

1. i have a 0kb-file, that can`t be transferrd! always get an error while trying to get it on the other box. both boxes running build559!

2. files with german umlauts also break the transfer. i have some german movies (dumm und dümmer, face off - im körper des feindes) and mp3s (from the great german band the ärzte), that always get stuck when transferring. the umlauts aren`t displayed in the file explorer... (it shows up as "dumm und dmmer")

transfer all these files with avalaunch is no problem...

hope this can be fixed for final release, as there are many german users with german named files...
i will test the 560er release and see, if its in there, too!

moviecut

• Archived User
Wip Build 561
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 02:49:00 AM »

okay, i tested the 560er build for xbox2xbox connection. first the good news:

- the 0kb-error is gone for me!
- umlauts-error is (nearly) gone. i can transfer the umlaut-files, but i can`t delete them on the other xbox after transfer! i transfered the file "dumm und dümmer.avi" and on the ftp-window it shows "dumm und dmmer.avi" like it was in the build 559 also on the local side.

now the bad (really bad) side:

- i can`t transfer folders to the other xbox! i only can transfer the files on its own. both xboxes freezes, when trying to transfer a folder! (the other xbox uses avalaunch 49.3 as dash). this is a prio1 bug i think sad.gif hope it will be fixed soon. i will switch back to 559 as this is a feature, which i use very often.

can someone else conform all this?

greetings, moviecut
Pages: [1] 2