xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Localizations In 557  (Read 948 times)

hansomat

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« on: April 15, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

hey folks,

first of all I have to indruce myself:
I am called hansomat, live in germany and made the german translation. I am an active member in the biggest german xbox forum (evo-x.de) and support (not a mod!) the unleashx section right there.

James invited me to join the WIP-Testing group for testing translations and maybe more, so here I am.  :D

As you know, I made the german translation. But the german umlauts won't appear correctly. So I am insecure if the umlauts are implemented in the standard xpr?

This I necessary to know before I report a bug, I guess
Maybe one you got a xpr fontfile including umlauts. That would be helpful for testing.  :rolleyes:

Maybe I should mention that I updated from 543.

cheers,
hansomat

<

hansomat

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 06:16:00 AM »

Update:

german umlauts are:
ä Ä,
ö Ö,
ü Ü,
and ß

cheers,
hansomat
 <

unleashx

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »

Only MenuFont(Arial.xpr) and SmallFont(XBoxBook12.xpr) includes them <

moviecut

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 04:18:00 AM »

as i`m german too, i whould like to test the translation and maybe help fixing it. can i find it somewhere?

@hansomat: meine icq-nummer ist 78694336 (moviecut). im evo-x bin ich ebenfalls aktiv. <

freakdave

• Global Moderator
Localizations In 557
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »

@hansomat
..ausser einigen wenigen Rechtschreib -und Stilfehlern ist es perfekt :)

Keep up the good work.. <

hansomat

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

Here we got two german translations.
Had just too less time for testing the last days, sorry for that.
But there are some points I noticed:
- the settings menu doesn't appear in german
- some menuentries in the fileexplorer are also still in english
- menu titles aren't translated

Maybe these 'bugs' show up, because of umlauts or wrong update?

so here ist one file including umlauts - one should think about including umlaut fonts into the dash also including some letters like ç, ê etc.  :uhh:
includes umlauts
on one
without umlauts

both of them include the media player extensions

cheers,
hansomat

This post has been edited by hansomat: Apr 20 2005, 12:03 AM <

moviecut

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

nice!
i take the version without umlaut as i can live with the ae, oe, ue, ss instead of üöäß and these arent supported correctly for now. the menu-points (games, emulators and so on) aren`t touched with these translation-files, right? <

hansomat

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 02:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(moviecut @ Apr 20 2005, 01:25 AM)
[...] the menu-points (games, emulators and so on) aren`t touched with these translation-files, right?

The menu points are listed in the config.xml. For that reason the answer will be: no  :P

cheers,
hansomat <

hansomat

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

Fixed two minor bugs in translation without umlauts.
File can still be found here.

cheers,
hansomat <

unleashx

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(hansomat @ Apr 20 2005, 04:57 AM)
Here we got two german translations.
Had just too less time for testing the last days, sorry for that.
But there are some points I noticed:
- the settings menu doesn't appear in german
- some menuentries in the fileexplorer are also still in english
- menu titles aren't translated

Maybe these 'bugs' show up, because of umlauts or wrong update?

so here ist one file including umlauts - one should think about including umlaut fonts into the dash also including some letters like ç, ê etc.  :uhh:
includes umlauts
on one
without umlauts

both of them include the media player extensions
cheers,
hansomat

I tried your file, though I don't understand it ;). The settings menu appear in full German, even the message boxes now. The only thing that doesn't appear in German are the values. I need it to stay that way, meaning "Yes" need to stay "Yes" (or "True" or "1" -boolean) and not anything else.
File explorer menu also appears in German, except for some messages.
Menu titles can be edited directly and is in config.xml, hence, they're not affected by the language file.

The two fonts I mentioned above (default fonts) contain the full 255 character set, thus, ç, ê...etc, should be supported. <

unleashx

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »

With these language files, I almost can't find my way around the dash anymore :) <

[BiA]FRAGMAN

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

I've also done a translation for UnleashX, and mine is in danish. Here I am missing "æ", "ø" and "å" in the fonts too.

The translation has been ready for some time now (about 6 hours after the localization supported WIP was released), but I haven't sent it to James yet. I think I'll convert all the characters to be compatible and send it. Or would you like both versions, James?

There are still quite a lot of places where the items cannot be translated yet. Are you aware of those or should I send a report? <

unleashx

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

Is this with 559? 'coz the issue of not displaying those characters properly is fixed in 559. Something to do with encoding, but the font must support those characters too. Try opening the xml with the text editor and let me know if those characters don't display properly.

And please do post your language file. Yes, the dash still has a lot of things that needs to be translated. Even the file manager is only abot 90% localizable. still a few messages to convert. <

soochirl

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

hey all, let me introduce my self. :D  i am korean xbox user. i use unleashx as dashboard apps. thanks to the team unleashx. i have some question. now i'm translating lanuage files for korean xbox-user. i'm progress 90% of translation. but i can't apply language files because font are corupting. i can't see menus normaly. i think this case is the same with japanese case and chinese case. how can i solve this problem?  :(   how can i make xpr file include asian fonts such as japanese, china, korean etc.  :blink:

This post has been edited by soochirl: May 1 2005, 06:57 PM <

fornorst

• Archived User
Localizations In 557
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »

A few times ago, I made a french translation for the xml file. As many people, I have some problems with special characters. eg : 'é', 'è', 'à', 'û', 'î', 'ê', ... james, could you fix that problem please ?
For the moment, I change my xml and replace all specials characters.
I've also some problem with text length. For example, I have tranlate "IR and Gamepad Shortcut" by "Raccourci Controleur - Telecommande" and I see that : ""Raccourci Controleur - T........." ( where  characters . are square : I can't write these characters here i'm think and I can't make a screenshot for the moment )
I made some tests and it seems to be a bug of string length.

For the moment, I post this xml file to http://www.gueux.be for those who want it. <