xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Just A Quick Note  (Read 772 times)

unleashx

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« on: December 29, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

Hey Guys,

First of all, Happy holidays to you all, hope you had a good one.

Secondly, I asked for a couple of sub-forums, like I mentioned in one of the threads here. It will be "Skins and Tools" and another for "WIP Beta".

As for the WIP Beta forum, the current WIP testers are doing a tremendous job. We had some glitch but things like that just happens. I also recognize the fact that we can't all cover every possible scenario, configuration, and settings that varies from one xbox to another. So, it is sensible (to me at least) to let a wider audience give it a whirl first before releasing it to the public.

Actually, this is just one of the two reasons why I decided to head this way. The other is that, I'm making a career move in two to three months time. Spending the holiday away from your family is something I would rather not experience again. I was sent away to work on the 18th, this is why I still haven't uploaded the latest WIP. During that period, I expect to fix as much bug as I can and add more features as wrinkles get ironed out. After, I have to give my job a priority and updates will come in trickle, if any.

So, if you want to be a WIP tester, here's your chance. The only requirement is that, you should really know what you are doing and can recover from anything with eyes blindfolded B) . Oh, one more, whiners are not allowed to join :lol: . If you have the guts, knows how to report in a very concise manner, know every detail of your xbox, send an email to unleashx2003 @ google's mail. I may not reply immediately as I will process application by batches.

I had one more thing in mind, but I lost my train of thoughts.

Anyway, happy holidays to one and all. <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 07:01:00 AM »

Just wanted to post and say thanks for all your hard work and for the new sub forums. :)   :beer: <

unleashx

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

Well, you have the good people of X-S to thank, but you are welcome. Sent something yet? <

kurisu

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

Think i'll give it a shot
Request sent via shinrakurisu_at_googlemail_dot_com  :beer: <

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »

Man I would of thought this thread would of been 20 pages long by now  :P <

mgillaus

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

I'll be a tester ! :D  :D  :D I sent you an email unleashx, from mgillaus AT hotmail dot com <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(unleashx @ Dec 30 2004, 11:33 AM)
Well, you have the good people of X-S to thank, but you are welcome. Sent something yet?

No, I havent. Thanks for the nice invite but I am going to decline. I do not do that great of a job at bug reporting. I would feel terrible if I didn't find some bugs or if I had too much else to worry about whenever you released a WIP. I would love to see the WIPs and get to play around with them but I can wait patiently until you and your other chosen testers have deemed it ready for public release. Again thanks for this great dash. Happy New Year.  :)

sr_sparky

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

I have also sent you an email (sr_sparky at hotmail dot com).

Gotta love being a uni student :)

Cheers,
Stuart <

markland556

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

just send an email from xboxonly at comcast.....
i hope i make the cut, all this free time has to be put to some use. :boring:  :boring: <

ncaissie

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

Sorry for the noob question, but what is WIP?
Where can I find the info and screen shots of this app?

I have been to unleashx.com but it needs a lot of updating.

<

kurisu

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2004, 11:53:00 PM »

W.I.P stands for Work-in-Progress.

W.I.P releases arent for public release but rather for a select group of people to bug bash the program/app/dash

Hope that made sense  :blink: <

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »

Sorry to hear about the holiday mishaps. Hopefully things will get squared away soon after the move.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks again for all the hard work. Now on to more WIP testing! :D Have you decided on a bug report format yet when testers report bugs so it will be easier for you to help locate the bug?

Also, I would recommend all would be WIP testers to provide as much info as they can on their current xbox setup to help UX out on narrowing down bugs:

XBOX VERSION:
MODCHIP/TSOP TYPE:
BIOS:
BIOS BOOT SEQUENCE:
HDD MAKE/MODEL/SIZE:
HDD G DRIVE ENABLED:
UNLEASHX .XBE LOCATION:
NETWORK SETUP: (ie dsl modem, router, switch/hub connections, wireless, etc.)
PC FTP SOFTWARE:
ETC... <

pdottz

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

awesome, i love the new subforums. <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(ncaissie @ Dec 31 2004, 12:09 AM)
Sorry for the noob question, but what is WIP?
Where can I find the info and screen shots of this app?

I have been to unleashx.com but it needs a lot of updating.

You can find UnleashX in the usual places which is also known as Xbins. You can find a tutorial for it in my signature just below. You will need mIRC and an FTP client. This is the only place that you will find it. You are not allowed to ask for (the illegally obtained) XDK compiled material on X-S. They are working on unleashx.com and it was just put upa week or 2 ago so try to understand. Also they may put the files on there but they are not yet so just use xbins.  :)

EDIT: Perhaps James or Hyraulix you could move some of the more skin related topics to the skins forum. I know you have already moved some of them but could you just move the ones on the front page now. Thanks a lot.  :beer:

This post has been edited by jonathan2007: Dec 31 2004, 03:02 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Just A Quick Note
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Dec 31 2004, 02:51 PM)
No, I havent. Thanks for the nice invite but I am going to decline. I do not do that great of a job at bug reporting. I would feel terrible if I didn't find some bugs or if I had too much else to worry about whenever you released a WIP. I would love to see the WIPs and get to play around with them but I can wait patiently until you and your other chosen testers have deemed it ready for public release. Again thanks for this great dash. Happy New Year.  :)

I think you would be a good beta tester you post very informative answers here and seem to be here nearly everyday and know most of the inner workings of UnleashX.   You are by far no noob so sign up for it
Pages: [1] 2 3