xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [request]more Default Music Locations  (Read 170 times)

X_Cheat3R

• Archived User
[request]more Default Music Locations
« on: April 06, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »

It would be very helpful (for me anyway) and more 'compatible' with everyones systems (i think) if we could have more default music locations.  for example right now if you set it to play 'both' you will get your M$ Dash music, and whichever directory you specify.  But I think most people keep their music in a 'Music' folder on one of their drives (E:\Music, F:\Music or G:\Music). Can you add these locations to the 'default' list - and still have the option to specify an additional 'custom' location?

keep doin whatcher doin ux! i love it!
 love.gif
]
  • [

X_Cheat3R

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

also, it seems like UX currently scans 1 subdirectory within the music folder you choose.  would it be possible to have it look for more subdirectories?

For example, currently, if there is music in:

F:\Music\Albums\Artist Name\Album Name\*.mp3

it wont play???

It has to be like this:

F:\Music\Artist Name -Album Name\*.mp3

Personally I like to catagorize my music a bit more, so could this be added? PLEASE?

rolleyes.gif

]
  • [

SR388

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

ummm, you know that you can just specify what music path(s) you want UX to look in for music in the config file right?

for example, mine is:

e:\UX\Media\Music
f:\music

that isn't what my config looks like btw, that is just the 2 paths that i have set
also, you can make playlists in the original dash and they'd work in ux

before messing with the congif file, make sure that you a. have a backup and b. know what you are doing