xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Unleashx Wip Build 575  (Read 939 times)

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« on: February 24, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

Build 575 WIP is up.

You may have to temporarily revert to the default skin or any light-weight skin when upgrading (only when you are experiencing problem). Trying to figure out what's wrong with the live update core files.

=============================================
Before retreating for the night, here's build 574.

Thanks folks!

=============================================
WIP Build 573 is up. Not much has changed from the last public release build except for the Info Text source and a few fixes.

Please give this a whirl.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by unleashx: Feb 28 2006, 08:53 AM

sr_sparky

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »

Change Log for those who want to know... (btw, this is a GREAT idea, dont have to check the forum to see what has been fixed etc...)

****   Change Log   ****

UnleashX V0.39.0000 Build 573
Version:   0.39 Build 573
Status      Alpha-WIP
Release Date:   02/24/2006

*Fixed   Right and Bottom offset of Playlist background image.
*Fixed   Music info database for custom soundtracks.

*Changed   Re-wrote InfoText source which demands too much memory causing
      corruption in the display

I have checked the %free of drives and seems to be working fine (see image below).
(IMG:http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles/sr_sparky/Perc_Free_Capture.jpg)

I would suggest deleting the info.xml from your music folder to check if that is fixed, but i didnt have much time to look at the previous version, so some may have been fixed.

Cheers for all your work James.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 09:49:00 PM »

Yes, I forgot to include that. Please delete your info.xml.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

I hate I hate I hate  grr.gif my ISP and it stupid transperant proxy with its stupid bloody cache I can't even get it  sad.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »

Ok Ok I finally got this working and had an odd update experience
I had to revert to the original default skin to get the update to work I was using my new PM3 True one and it gave me an incorrupt file error on compile (Video Background maybe) its the first time that has ever happened to me ?

*Fixed Right and Bottom offset of Playlist background image.
Ok I still cant get this to work is this the correct format (these are extreme figures to test it)
<Playlist OffsetX="85" OffsetX2="200" OffsetY="92" OffsetY2="150" Top="155" Left="1" Width="640" Height="370" >

*Fixed Music info database for custom soundtracks.
Nice that it now defaults to the dir name have yet to test it fully

*Changed Re-wrote InfoText source which demands too much memory causing
corruption in the display

Well the percent displays for me and I havn't seen any other errors crop up in it YET

EDIT ------------------------------------------------------------

Ok think I found a bug seems
Align="Middle"
dosn't work anymore on text items

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Feb 25 2006, 08:39 AM

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 01:15:00 AM »

Uploaded 574 up.

Hmn, I think "Middle" was implemented wrongly before and I corrected it in 570. "Middle" is for vertical allignment, while "Center" is for horizontal. Or have I messed it up?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »

Actually middle was for both I don't know why but thats how its always been =\ I awlays thought center was better but for backwards compatibilty  biggrin.gif  see from the docs
Align –Alignment of the text with respect to the bounding rectangle. The following values are valid:TopLeft or Left, TopCenter or Middle, TopRight or Right, MiddleLeft, MiddleCenter and MiddleRight

Plain Center never came into it
and from your own skin MetallicAtmosphere.zip fromthe latest releases

<Text Left="540" Top="305" Width="78" Height="16" Align="Middle" Color="0xFF404040" Source="$C_PFree$ Free" Font="Verdana8" />
      <Text Left="540" Top="323" Width="78" Height="16" Align="Middle" Color="0xFF404040" Source="$Tray$" Font="Verdana8" />
      <Text Left="540" Top="341" Width="78" Height="16" Align="Middle" Color="0xFF404040" Source="$E_PFree$ Free" Font="Verdana8" />
      <Text Left="535" Top="360" Width="82" Height="16" Align="Middle" Color="0xFF404040" Source="$IP$" Font="Verdana8" ScaleX="90" ScaleY="90" />

sr_sparky

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 02:46:00 AM »

Build 574:

I can now download preview videos straight from the dash... however i still get a blank list for the skins for xbox-skins.net, i do however get a list for AXS.

Cheers,
Stuart

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 02:48:00 AM »

can we maybe get a small addin in the next build to the skins
<RSS_SEPARATORCOLOR>0x00000000</RSS_SEPARATORCOLOR>

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 02:36:00 AM »

Ok this is interesting, If I run either of my 2 latest PM3 skins True and stats mark3 I cannot get liveupdate to work  blink.gif  it comes up with "Unkown error the file maybe be damaged etc etc " after trying to compile  but if I change to the default skin or another one it works fine.

To much memory usage on the skin to compile maybe ? I dont really know but I can repeat it over and over upgradeing from 573 to 574 Ive tested it like 6 times now

sr_sparky

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 03:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Feb 25 2006, 05:43 PM) View Post

Ok this is interesting, If I run either of my 2 latest PM3 skins True and stats mark3 I cannot get liveupdate to work  blink.gif  it comes up with "Unkown error the file maybe be damaged etc etc " after trying to compile  but if I change to the default skin or another one it works fine.

To much memory usage on the skin to compile maybe ? I dont really know but I can repeat it over and over upgradeing from 573 to 574 Ive tested it like 6 times now

Thats very interesting.... maybe the reason why a lot of people cant update (or have problems to it)... Maybe unleashx should change to the default skin before downloading the update, applying the update then re-applying the skin that was originally loaded.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Feb 25 2006, 03:58 PM) *

Actually middle was for both I don't know why but thats how its always been =\ I awlays thought center was better but for backwards compatibilty  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  see from the docs

Plain Center never came into it
and from your own skin MetallicAtmosphere.zip fromthe latest releases

Boy what was I thinking?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  Do you think it's better to revert it back? I don't like it but I think I have to.

Metallic Atmosphere is correct (for that version) as I intended it to be left aligned horizontally and vertically centered.

The separator thingy is gonna be tough as it is one concatenated string, not drawn individually. For that to work, I would need to implement color coding in text items.

As for the live update, i'll see what else can be done. I an try to stop music, videos...etc, but that would be the last option.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

Boy what was I thinking?  Do you think it's better to revert it back? I don't like it but I think I have to

Yes best to revert back to maintain all the backwards compatability ot the skin remember though it was center vertically and horizontly
The separator thingy is gonna be tough as it is one concatenated string, not drawn individually. For that to work, I would need to implement color coding in text items.

Ah well don't bother unless you got lots of free time going

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »

Build 575 WIP is out. Very minor update.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Unleashx Wip Build 575
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 01:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(unleashx @ Feb 28 2006, 06:34 PM) View Post

Build 575 WIP is out. Very minor update.

hehe yeah minor update with the nice feature I requested thank you now to go use it  biggrin.gif

*Added   GameIcon now returns the default Icon if one is missing. I'm thinking
   of making this a configurable setting, being able to set your own
   default icon.

Hrmm can we please a a option to turn it off as well as set it maybe in my blackbox skin I deliberately made the icon cover the info text so you can only see it when there was no icon see image the new option kind of stuffs up the skin
IPB Image
Pages: [1] 2 3 4