xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wip Build 563  (Read 227 times)

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« on: May 06, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

Hey guys, i just uploaded build 563.

Here are the changes:
*Fixed   Ambient sound stopped working
*Fixed   C:\xboxdash.xbe is inserted automatically when the Audio CD player is blank and you modified the Autoplay option
*Fixed   Screen flashes when transferring files to/from the xbox.
*Fixed   SITE FreeSize is reporting a wrong value if the free HD space on the target drive is more than 3.5GB (approx.)
*Fixed   Extracting Rar files was very slow.
*Fixed   Auto-shutdown was not functioning properly.
*Fixed   Playlist does not display the name of song when played using the file explorer.

*Added   Auto-log off of FTP users after 5 minutes of inactivity.

*Changed   ScreenSaver will default to Text mode if Slideshow path or video file is not found.
*Changed   On screensaver text mode, the "tick" sound is suppressed if background music is playing.
*Changed   All fonts has been modified to include characters above ASCII 127.

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »

Choosing any skin that is first in the Skin list loads the default skin for me.

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(isaac_24 @ May 6 2005, 07:54 PM)
Choosing any skin that is first in the Skin list loads the default skin for me.

I get this also. And when I try to select the default skin it previews it but won't let me save the screen just as I have reported in the last few WIPS (this also occurred in the .38 public release I believe).

And I just want to say wow another WIP build already  :o   :)  Thanks for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just tried something I thought of. The top skin in the list goes to the default skin and pressing A twice works just fine for that but yet the default skin doesn't work (pressing A twice you have to use the start button to get it to save).

This post has been edited by jonathan2007: May 7 2005, 02:26 PM

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

What first in the list? The first in the list except the default skin (coz the default is always the first)?

Yes, a very important WIP release. I ask that all WIP tester should get it now.

On another note, I added a feature to the MP skinning engine. Sneak peek:

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/UnleashX/preview.jpg)

I whipped this one up pretty quickly. See if you can find out what's new.

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

unleashx, I'm going to guess the volume and progress bars can be set vertically now  smile.gif

Mr.INSANE

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »

if its not to much of a problem please update the default skin

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 11:17:00 PM »

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature but for me its a bug

if you have the file manager or the music player open and then let a video screen saver show the video screensaver is about 50% transperant and you can see the skin below it

SUBLOGIC

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »

The music player still has a bug when selecting songs.

For example:- (an example list)

1. Blink 182 - Damn It
2. Blink 182 - Feeling This
3. Blink 182 - First Date
4. Blink 182 - I miss you

Ok now if you select say song 3, let it play, then select song 1 and then just after song 1 begins to play and the arrow and info is displayed, select song 4, it begins to play song 4 but just stops after a few seconds and the xbox freezes. The song keeps playing but looping the few seconds it played at the start. IGR won't roboot the box either so a hard boot is needed.

I can confirm in the skins menu, saving the default skin does not work.

I still get slow transfers using FlashFXP, Qwix and C-Xbox Tool 2.
I connect through 2*10/100 switches through out the house I have tried a direct connection (X over cable) using my laptop and pc but still get the same results.

The transfer starts out fine but gradually the speed declines and eventually just stops.

If using the X3 FTP, Avalaunch and XBMC speeds are when using as a test.

Thats about all I have possibly found so far.

As a test, I found that these FTP clients also work nicely with UX (apart from the speed still declining)
3DFtp, LeapFTP and ill test more soon.

Thanks again for another awsome WIP build and public release

SUBLOGIC

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(unleashx @ May 7 2005, 11:23 AM)
What first in the list? The first in the list except the default skin (coz the default is always the first)?

Uh no the default skin is not always first. It is kind of weird though how my skins show up in the list. My default skin comes right before Pirates of the Caribbean in my list. It doesn't have an arrow next to it which I guess means it is a built-in skin (since the other shapes skins also don't have < > signs). But the shape skins show up at the end of my whole list and yet the default skin shows up sort of in the middle of my whole skin list. Well I don't know if that makes sense but maybe it will help.  :beer:

SUBLOGIC

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

Well today, for the 1st time, I had the pleasure of testing the xbox 2 xbox feature and what an awsome feature it is. Awsome speeds ranging between 100000kbp/s and 140000kbp/s .

I connected 1 to the other and then selected  the F:\Games folder on the source and then selected the F:\ directory (root) on the destination and added it to the queue and then did the same for G drive.

I then selected the queue and selected upload and wooo hooo!! its was blazing along fine. I walked away and knew it would take some time to transfer 180 Gigabytes of data.
I then checked it about 2 hours later and it said it had completed. I was not convinced that this could have been so fast. Maths says so!! So after rebooting and looking in the  Games folders on F and G only some of the Games had copied across.
I then went and selected the ones that didnt copy across using the X button and added them to the queue and they copied across just fine.

as a further test, I had a spare 60 gig HDD here and formatted it and UX'ed it and tried copying everything by selecting then using the X button and adding to queue and all worked fine. I deleted them and tried copying just the whole Games folder again and is seems that at around 20 games/folders or directories it stops and says completed.
Also, sometimes the games are copied at random,  meaning that it might skip a game and does not copy across each folder in order from top to bottom as they appear on the screen of the source xbox.

I also get an error copying MameoX via any ftp client but ill do some more testing on that soon.

Update about the slow transfer speeds, It only seems to slow down when uploading to the xbox, downloading is fine and I do have the same problem using the FTP server in the latest X3 bios so it might be bios related. I have tried all types of connections, direct X-over PC and Laptop,  eithernet switch and patch leads, brand new patch and x-over leads, static and dhcp, passive on and off, diff IP ranges and 2 different xbox's, both xbox's contain X3's with latest bios still only get around 350 to 400kbp/s.

Next test will be to go back to an older X3 bios an see what happens.. ill let ya know soon.

cheers for another release

This post has been edited by SUBLOGIC: May 16 2005, 04:58 PM

EvilFrog

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »

just wanted to know where can i download the update ?

deadparrot

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

Usual Places - See my sig.

Or get your Xbox online, go into settings, and live update, and run that.

MausMan

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 04:11:00 AM »

sound all great, but i cant update any build.
it downloads 1.30mb, but when ends it keeps saying"unable to retreve data from the server"
What is going wrong?????

semcnm

• Archived User
Wip Build 563
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

ok how do i connect , because my server box is blank . Got the url for me please .