xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wip Build 557  (Read 481 times)

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« on: April 10, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

Thread reuse for WIP Build 557.
-Same as 556 with fix for the skin manager bug.

=======================
Note from Build 556
=======================
Hey folks, WIP Build 556 is up. I had quite some free time so I managed to come up with this one. 551 was a crappy release and I hope to make it up with this one.

Here's what's new:

*Fixed an issue with the Xml parser. It failes to parse out an xml document if a comment element contains  ">"
*Slideshow is now random.
*Added a few more items to the language file
   -STR_AUDIO_OPTIONS = Audio Options
   -STR_AUDIO_PLAYDISC = Play Disc
   -STR_AUDIO_MANAGETRACKS = Manage Tracks
   -STR_AUDIO_OPENFILE = Open File...
   -STR_AUDIO_OPENPLAYLIST = Open Playlist

-STR_AUDIO_SELECTOPTION = Select Audio Track
   -STR_AUDIO_CD = Audio CD
   -STR_AUDIO_PLAY = Play

-STR_EDIT = Edit
   -STR_MOVE_UP = Move Up
   -STR_MOVE_DOWN = Move Down
   -STR_AUDIO_NEWTRACK = New Soundtrack...
   -STR_MSG_DELETEST_ASK = Are you sure that you want to delete '%s'?

Note that the above item is in Xml, please see release notes for 551 for exact format.
*Added Xbox soundtrack management. The same usual stuff found in MS Dash. Copy, edit, rename, delete...etc, except CDDA to WMA or CD ripping. Currently facing a blank wall with the wma encoder.
*Removed the extra info when selecting a partition in FTP server. This causes all other ftp client except FlashFxp to crap out when listing directory. It seems these clients only honor the comment directive (220-) when logging in.
*Fixed the problem with WMV playback introduced in 551
*Fixed the problem with Audio CD playback introduced in 551
*Improved Skinning support.
    -Items can now be stacked/ordered by adding the zIndex attribute, i.e., zIndex="5". Items with the same zIndex value will be drawn in the order they are found. zIndex don't have to be continuous, meaning you can use 1,2,3,5,8,10...n. This means that you can now draw in this manner: text, image, shape, text, text, image...etc. However, menu item is still on top of everything else.
   -Fonts collection. You can now have a fonts collection and use them where they're possible. So, it is now possible to create Text items using different fonts. Format is:
   <Fonts>
      <Font Name="MyFont">mycoolfont.xpr</Font>
      <Font Name="MyOtherFont">whatever.xpr</Font>
   </Fonts>

Then use them like this:
   <Text Left="180" Top="142" Source="SongTime" Font="MyFont" zIndex="2" />

-Added a few more items for text source
      -SongTrack - concatenation of song and soundtrack
      -SongBitRate - 128 KBPS...etc
      -SongLength - 5:12
      -SongFrequency - 44.1KHz (Almost always)
      -SongChannel - Audio CD, Stereo or Mono

-Added a few more items to the color scheme for the media player (see more later)

*Music player is now fully skinnable and there are two ways to do it:
   -1) Change the colors for the default music player skin. Refer to the following image for more info:
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/UnleashX/MM.png)
   -2) Change everything and not just the color. Like the following:
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/UnleashX/MM2.png)

-With the new music player, you can use everything that is available for skin (Text, Image, Shapes) including the new zIndex and Font attributes. The only thing that might prove challenging is the image for the buttons (Play, Stop...etc). This is composed of a single image subdivided into column of 8 by 4. Here's the image I used for the default skin and the one above:
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/UnleashX/buttonTmpl1.png)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/UnleashX/buttonTmpl2.png)

Of course, the grid should not be included. The grid size don't have to be square. The default skin for music player comprises of exactly one image and the rest are all shapes and texts. The second image is a cheap ripped off of a skin from WMP, but that's the best I can do to demo the new feature. I think most of you know that graphic just ain't my thing B)

The new build comes with a sample skin. You can find it in your UX folder after you install it and it's named MPlayer.rar. Expand it and check skin.xml out. It should be farely commented. Here's the portion for music player:

CODE

main_back.png

vizbg.png

viz_cover.png

ButtonMap.png   

pl_back.png

Pretty straight-forward, I think. The skin file came from Kthulu's OrangeShapes Xml-only skin. Of course, with the new files, it's not so much of an xml-only skin now, is it? :)

I thinks that's about it. Most of the reported bugs from the previous version should be fixed now, except for the LiveUpdate and Proxy issue. Sorry guys, I tried a few proxy servers and I just can't replicate the issue. If you can capture the first 1kb from the packet and send it to me, I'll see what I can do about it.

As usual, please post anything you find in here. Enjoy folks, have a good day!

This post has been edited by unleashx: Apr 11 2005, 03:26 PM <

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

This sounds like an awesome release! Can't wait to try it out. Also unleashx, is there a skin tag for Artist? I've been looking for one and haven't come across anything besides Album and Song Title. Thanks again. <

nj12nets

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »

sorry but is this build in the usual places or somewhere else? <

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »

These are private builds to beta testers. <

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »

Well i got a big ass bug any time I try and select a skin UnleashX just reboots and then after that just trying to go into the skin menu will reboot it

Seems that my whole skin menu is buggered up maybe a bad compile

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Apr 11 2005, 01:21 AM <

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

Check out the errors in the screen shot of the skin menu click to get it bigger
(IMG:http://img14.echo.cx/img14/1577/image00013ol.th.jpg)

Going to try down grading and reupdateing Oh and I'm not upgradeing from build 551 if that makes any difference

-------------------------------
EDIT:

Well downgraded and re upgraded again and got the excact same thing of the skin menu being corrupt with other stuff (Not always the same stuff either) anybody else got this problem or is it just me

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Apr 11 2005, 01:43 AM <

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »

I get the same thing with the xbox rebooting when selecting the Skin menu. Sometimes it freezes too. I guess I have to get used to the same skin for a while. smile.gif Also, the time elapsed on the Audio player is missing a digit. For example, when the time is 00:35, it only shows as 00:3. Kinda like the mp3 info (bitrate, etc) is covering it. Either that or the font is too big.

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 06:06:00 AM »

Got the same thing. I'm working on it and will be releasing an update once I figure it out. <

incognegro

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »

Hey mr. unleashx i don't want to sound like a bother but don't you think it's time for a public release? I'm reading about these Wip releases and notice that your adding alot of cool features but theyre introducing new bugs. So can't you use this new free time to clean up the bugs and make a public release and leave any other advancements you have planned for the next build for the next Wip build? We're starving here! Thanx for your time. biggrin.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 07:21:00 AM »

I'm working on it. The features I'm adding is too insignificant, rest assured, I'm concentrating on major bugs to come up with a beter version. <

unleashx

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 08:29:00 AM »

Build 557 is up. Fixed Skin Manager bug. Please post bugs here.

Please keep posts in this thread related to subject matter only. Any other post with different subject should be on new/another thread.

Thanks all. <

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

Ok It's probably old news but

I couldn't update from build 556 to 557 probably due to the error also working its way into the live update code.  It would download and then compile and reboot but the validating screen would not appear and i was stuck in the old build.

I had to downgrade to 548 to update to 557 succesfully

Just thought I'd post it for all the people who updated to 556 and might have this error

And maybe incase its still there in 557 <

isaac_24

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »

I couldn't update either to 557 from 556 and had a hell of a time making 548 update to 557. smile.gif All good now.

tweaqr

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »

I didn't have any problems upgrading from 556 to 557.

Open file manager browse  to my Music folder and press A on any MP3 file, plays fine the first time but back out (B or Back) and tri to play another one and the xbox frezzes.
Haven't tried this with any other file type.

keep up the great work, but only if you enjoy it.   :)

<

moviecut

• Archived User
Wip Build 557
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »

great release!!
just one (maybe stupid question): can i use the mplayer skin with another unleashx-skin? or is it always packed together?
the ftp-bugs seem to be fixed, no need to switch to avalaunch any longer!!
have to say that you did an outstanding work here, unleash! thank you so much!!
will test the ftp thing with a friend for xbox2xbox transfers...
 <
Pages: [1] 2 3