xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Not Far Off Configuring Ftp After Trying Many Ways  (Read 197 times)

Cooter34

• Archived User
Not Far Off Configuring Ftp After Trying Many Ways
« on: April 02, 2005, 04:58:00 AM »

Ok, this'll be interesting if someone can explain this to me once I've gone into Flash FXP using a crossover cable to FTP to and from my Xbox!

I'm using Evolution X Dash, and all other default settings that the guides and forums said to use, only my secondary NIC card doesn't connect, so I'm purposely going offline and using my primary NIC card that I use for my Broadband Internet access...

Below I have pasted what Flash FXP says to me, once I have seemingly got 99% of the way towards acessing my Xbox Drives and it only comes up with a blank (white) screen with only a "/" drive rather than a letter like A, B, C etc... Hopefully if the problem I have below is a simple one to fix, then someone can help me out in just a few minutes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
[L] Connecting to Xbox -> IP=192.168.0.3 PORT=21
[L] Connected to Xbox
[L] 220 Please enter your login name now.
[L] USER xbox
[L] 331 Password required for xbox.
[L] PASS (hidden)
[L] 230 User xbox logged in , proceed.
[L] SYST
[L] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[L] FEAT
[L] 502 feat is not implemented.
[L] REST 100
[L] 502 rest is not implemented.
[L] This site may not allow file resuming
[L] PWD
[L] 257 "/" is current directory
[L] TYPE A
[L] 200 Type set to ASCII.
[L] PORT 192,168,0,1,12,218
[L] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.0.1:55820
[L] List Error
[L] PORT 192,168,0,1,12,220
[L] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.0.1:56332
[L] List Error

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

Regards,

Cooter34

sr_sparky

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »

This is an easy one...

For a start, post in the right forum. This has nothing to do with unleashx, goto the evox forums instead.

But, since im nice, the solution to your problem:

EvoX doesnt support passive mode ftp. In flashfxp when you go to connect (quick connect for example) enter in the details, then click on the toggles tab at the top. There you will see a list of options. Make sure that the 'Use passive mode' is empty (may have to click it twice). There is a similar thing if you have created a site in the site manager.

Cooter34

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

Thanks, and sorry for posting this in the wrong forum, but I did in fact fix this problem only very shortly after posting it... Stupid "GHOST" Firewall causing me the problem...

All I did to fix it, was turn Zone Alarm on... Yes, "ON" because it has a habit of still being switched "ON" behind the scenes after I start my PC up. So once I switched it "ON", I then immediately switched it back off, and all my Xbox Drives showed up!

Does anyone else have this problem with Zone Alarm?

The problem being that you need to actually switch it "ON" before you can properly switch it "OFF"?!?!?

I find this to be a very stupid problem, but it's always the last thing I tend to think of in the back of my mind when a certain program isn't working on my PC, and then I go and turn Zone Alarm "ON" and then "OFF" again striahg afterwards, and usually fixes whatever problems I may be having!

Weird huh?  blink.gif

Thanks for the reply anyhow!  biggrin.gif

Regards,

Cooter34