xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bug: Entering Passcode Protected Menu  (Read 250 times)

peppermg

• Archived User
Bug: Entering Passcode Protected Menu
« on: January 05, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »

If you have a passcode on a certain menu item and push start to access the contextual menu it will bring up the passcode screen but you will not be able to enter your code, you still have access to the menu below the passcode screen. Sometimes you after the passcode screen appears you can not get out of it without rebooting. Only seems to happens the first time you do it, after that its ok.

isaac_24

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

You can enter the password if you dismiss the context box with 'B'. Seems that UX brings both windows up at the same time. You also mess with the menus behind the passcode window. Maybe that window could take precedence over everything else until you cancel it or enter your code?

peppermg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

Sometimes I am able to press and then enter the passcode but usually I can't and its just stuck there till I reset. Its very flakey.

isaac_24

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

Messing around with it a little more and found out that if you do something else first like go into another menu that is not PW/PC protected and then go back to the menu that is, you wont get this bug.