xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio Player Volume Control  (Read 288 times)

peppermg

• Archived User
Audio Player Volume Control
« on: January 05, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

I like the new audio player but I am having some trouble with the volume control.

Using the right joystick pushing up turns the volume up and so does pushing it to the right. Any other direction decreases the volume. Therefore pushing it up to the top right conner will decrease the volume. This can make it tricky to quickly change the volume. Pushing down to the bottom  right conner also decreases the volume.

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »

Not so much a bug, as a suggestion.  Implement m3u support, or some way of making a custom playlist.  When starting music from the file manager, you can only choose one track.  Perhaps when starting a track from a directory, it could just load every song from that folder into a playlist and start on the one you selected.

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »

Also perhaps make the Artist name scroll with the title in the music manager.

jonathan2007

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 06:30:00 AM »

smile.gif  You might wanna put on the screen about the right thumbstick pressed is the playlist and start will let you add songs to the playlist. Sorta like you did with the Skins and Game Saves Manager.

kurisu

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Hope this is some help  beerchug.gif

kurisu

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »

blink.gif

If you boot build 548 then immediately try to change tracks it will perform something similar to IGR. If you change albums directly after bootin this build it will act normally.
========================================================
Cant select .wma when using the Audio Player to open file but when u select a .wma from the File Explorer it will begin to play the song no problem.

When first booting Build 548 you can swithc sons like normal using the white button and dpad combo (quick song select). Because of the new audio player of course the GUI is brought up while using "quick song select" now.

You can hit the "b" button to exit the Audio Player and navigate thru menus like normal while listening to the song you picked. When the Audio player is up and you press "start"  to "Open File" and select a .wav or .mp3 to play it will play as usual. If after that you try to selct another son and hit "b" to exit the GUI another song will be played at random.

If that was confusing let me know so I can try to explain it better  laugh.gif

EDIT: Here are my Audio Settings in the Control Panel

Play Music: Both
Random Music: Yes
Global: Yes
Surround 5.1: Yes

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(kurisu @ Jan 6 2005, 08:07 PM)

kurisu

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pillzburydoofus @ Jan 6 2005, 09:37 PM)
James said that there were problems with the wma when he released this WIP build.  He's gonna try and finish fixing that for the next public release.

I was just making sure that the problem I ran into was not caused by a single audio format so I tried all three and I just happened to point that out.

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

Another suggestion I have, when selecting a song from the file manager, make that song continue to play until the end when you back out of the audio manager, rather than cutting back to the background music.

Edit:  Or maybe allow you to press White to close the music manager while leaving it playing.  Sort of like a minimize button.