xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can U Use Video Skins With Softmods?  (Read 710 times)

starscream1101

• Archived User
Can U Use Video Skins With Softmods?
« on: April 13, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

Topic says it all...just curious if videoskins work with softmods?

I'm planning on softmodding a bunch of xbox's (friends and such), but they all want to make sure they can have video skins like my box (X3 chip installed). <

gibsonlpsd

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »

Yep, mine is softmodded and I have UnleashX as one of my dashboards and it plays video skins just fine. <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

Why wouldn't you be able to? A softmodded xbox is just as powerful as a chipped/tsop flashed xbox.  wink.gif <

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Apr 15 2005, 08:29 AM)
Why wouldn't you be able to? A softmodded xbox is just as powerful as a chipped/tsop flashed xbox.  wink.gif

Until someone deletes or changes any of the softmod files or the ms dash gets updated then its like comparing a ferarri and a bicycle  rolleyes.gif <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Apr 14 2005, 05:08 PM)
Until someone deletes or changes any of the softmod files or the ms dash gets updated then its like comparing a ferarri and a bicycle  rolleyes.gif

Well you can screw up a modchip'd or TSOP flashed box too. And it is pretty easy to accidently to write the wrong bios size to the chip and overwrite the whole thing. Then maybe that bios won't work for you and you get locked out. You then have no bios flasher since you overwrote all the banks. This happened to a friend of mine and he was not dumb he just should have read up a little more. And yes I know newer chips always keep a version of flashx or whatever it is called but his chip was older and didn't have that. Not trying to start a fight just saying that all xbox mods can be screwed up if you don't know what you are doing.  wink.gif <