xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ok, Unleashx Text Screensaver Bores Me. What Options Are There?  (Read 117 times)

deadlysmiles

• Archived User
Ok, Unleashx Text Screensaver Bores Me. What Options Are There?
« on: September 17, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »

The text screensaver bores me now, the text makes the dash look very cheap as is. Soooo, checking around google I noticed a few sites that dropped hints how to change the screensaver to much nicer vids (aquariums etc etc).

I do not have a skin.xml file in C:/ that I can edit (or its hidden really well haha). I have a folder full of skins, including the defaulted skin. But i dont understand what relevance that has since the screensaver text is in Config.htm.

1.  So, do i FTP a screensaver to the skins folder?  
2.  Then edit Config.htm and delete the <text>boring screensaver words </text>  section of the screenshot area with <intromovie> cool video file </intromovie> instead?

OR better yet, I have XBMC (xbox media center) installed also. I noticed some real snazzy screensavers they have packaged in, and i would freakin LOVE to use one or two of those on Unleashx instead. So is it possible to just point Unleashx to one of those screensaver files in XBMC by editing Config.htm?

If this is considered a noob question, I'm sorry. I just downloaded and did this UnleashX mod 2 days ago, and it was my first successful mod ever thanks to this site. I have tons of questions but i am a little timid to ask.

uberzone

• Archived User
Ok, Unleashx Text Screensaver Bores Me. What Options Are There?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »

edit: didn't realize this thread was over a year old.

This post has been edited by uberzone: Aug 14 2007, 04:55 PM