xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is There A Skin That Looks Like The Xbox Dashboard?  (Read 124 times)

foldor

• Archived User
Is There A Skin That Looks Like The Xbox Dashboard?
« on: September 16, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

Ok, so I'm in college right now and they have an Xbox that we can use for whatever purposes we have. Unfortunately I don't want to bring in my original games because, well frankly I don't trust they wont get stolen or broken.

So my plan is to softmod the schools Xbox and make it so they won't notice. All I need is a skin that looks like the default Xbox dashboard and I'm set. I know that if they looked closer than the skin, they would see its softmodded, but I know the skin wont be shown for long becaus ehtey will pop a game in right away and bypass it most of the time anyways.

So I was wondering if there is a skin that looks just like the default xbox dashboard that I can just apply over the default UX skin. If there isnt, is it possible someone could make on for me? I would really appreciate it.

Oh, one last thing, can I copy a skin from a cd inserted in the xbox to the directory and have it load?

Thanks in advance,
Foldor

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

Umm your best bet would be to softmod it then use a shortcut.xbe that points back to the original xbox dash as your dashboard then the only difference is it takes 1/2 a second longer to load

foldor

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

Would it still play backups? If so, how do I set it up? Without a computer.

This post has been edited by foldor: Sep 17 2006, 12:36 AM