xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My Wip Thread 2  (Read 251 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« on: May 26, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

Incase you don't read the xbmc section of the forum, I'm doing blackbolts UnleashX version of MC360 using his graphics and stuff it will probably be out the same day as the XBMC version, so don't ask for it in the mean time here is some screen shots

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

wdew123

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

wow that looks awesome keep up the good work Jezz_X

sorry to ask but when does the xbmc/unleas x version come out

mbay

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 03:21:00 AM »

Jezz_X,

really nice work! I like how it really does match the MC360 theme. I see that the "games" tab has a bg-image to it - is this because it is pre-determined this way in the design, or can one also modify this?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 03:31:00 AM »

It does have a background image to it ( just slightly transperant so you can see the preview videos and ring animation )  and for now no you can't change it.  I am probably going to do a seperate version for custom backgrounds just because if I add them to this it really looses its nice look because of the way UnleashX skins things.   And then I would have to make people change xml files and stuff to modify it for the custom images.  Its just easier to make a Regular version and a custom image version

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

Looks sweet.

I just don't know if I like the whole ..::   ::.. thing..

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ May 27 2006, 10:45 PM) View Post

Looks sweet.

I just don't know if I like the whole ..::   ::.. thing..

biggrin.gif  haha "the whole ..::   ::.. thing" is just how I named the folders in my config.xml it wont be in the skin

rocky5

• Recovered User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

Lovely jubilee any chance of a video of the skin working like so we can see the ripples in the back and stuff.

PLEASE!!! tongue.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kyro @ Jun 7 2006, 06:17 AM) View Post

hi,

shouldn't it already be out? Cause xbmc version is out smile.gif

Well if I didn't have to spend every hour in the last 2 weeks doing the xbmc version with blackbolt it would be so give me a week or so OK

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kyro @ Jun 7 2006, 07:55 AM) View Post

eheh no problem, my bad, i thought you re were only dedicated to the unleashx version, i red somewhere about a multi release on the same day, but i must say that i havent been folowing regularly the news updates about the skins...

again great work

that was the original plan yes but if you look at the credits int he skin and on the xbox-scene new page you can see i'm in it

BlakMajick

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »

Jezz if you do as good a job on the UnleashX version as you all did on the XMBC version I will be a happy man. When i installed and played around with the XBMC version I started to redo my box with the XBMC version as my main dash.  I think I will wait and see what your end product will be. But any whoo, keep up the good work!

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 04:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(BlakMajick @ Jun 7 2006, 04:43 PM) View Post

Jezz if you do as good a job on the UnleashX version as you all did on the XMBC version I will be a happy man. When i installed and played around with the XBMC version I started to redo my box with the XBMC version as my main dash.  I think I will wait and see what your end product will be. But any whoo, keep up the good work!

XBMC version totally outways this one this one is pretty much just the static images you see above

ameba

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

XBMC takes up too much space, and I dont music or videos on my harddrive anyway (stock, softmod) so this will work perfect with my default dashboard.  (except teh fact i have no music on my harddrive)

keep up the good work

neverwill

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(ameba @ Jun 8 2006, 06:17 PM) View Post

XBMC takes up too much space, and I dont music or videos on my harddrive anyway (stock, softmod) so this will work perfect with my default dashboard.  (except teh fact i have no music on my harddrive)

keep up the good work

How does it take up too much space? The E drive is around 4 gigs is it not? XBMC with xbmc 360 skin comes to about 48Mb, that's not that much at all, plus if you have your xbox connected through a network you don't have to store music and videos on your hard drive, you can stream them from your computer...

I think I might actually switch over to XBMC full time now. I'd still like video previews, but what can you do?

neverwill

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(ameba @ Jun 8 2006, 07:35 PM) View Post

Thats true, but if thats the case why cant i just watch them on my computer?  Plus i dont have many pictures or videos saved on my computer anyway.  Also, it was around 108 MB with all the scripts and stuff i had.

Well, depending on the size of your monitor, I prefer to stream to my big t.v from the comfort of my couch rather than watch stuff on a 17" monitor. Also the quality is great, plus if you have a home theatre then all the better. I don't really use any scripts though, but still 108mb out of 4 gigs is peanuts. My n64 rom collection is 5 gigs alone in comparison.

To each their own though, that's why choice exists...  beerchug.gif

theblujuggalo

• Archived User
My Wip Thread 2
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

UnleashX is the best dashboard in the world, nothing to it, lol.
Pages: [1] 2