xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Locking Up Problem  (Read 104 times)

an_acid_bath

• Archived User
Locking Up Problem
« on: April 07, 2006, 02:27:00 AM »

My friend has UnleashX installed, and was downloading skins. He found a skin for UnleashX that looked like the XBMX Project Mayhem skin. So he installed it, and picked it. And now when his Xbox starts, he cannot do anything, the skin is on, and there is no way to navigate. It displays the date and time in the corner, and has the normal look and feel of a default XBMC. But I cannot do anything, nor can I FTP to the Xbox to remove the skin. What do I do? Is it possible to insert the game I used to hack the XBox and somehow get to a file explorer or something from there? Give me some suggestions, please!

sr_sparky

• Archived User
Locking Up Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 02:38:00 AM »

It sounds like you are using an old version of unleashx. most of the new skins (including the project mayhem skin) require the latest version.

To fix your current problem, hold back as UX starts and it should load defaults, then select a different skin.

If you want to use the project mayhem skin (which i highly recommend!), update unleashx from xbins, or through the live updater (if you have a version that supports it).

Cheers.

an_acid_bath

• Archived User
Locking Up Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

Thanks. That worked. The thing is, I upated his version one night, and that night a new version was released after I updated. So when I updated mine later that night, I got the newest version and was able to use that skin. He however, wasn't able to. Thanks much.