xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Added New Hdd... Question On Dashbaord Menus, Etc.  (Read 87 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Added New Hdd... Question On Dashbaord Menus, Etc.
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »

The extra space will be in F, or in F and G, depending on how you choose to set it up.

If any of the F/G partitions is larger than 256GB you will need to use XBPartitioner 1.1 to do the formatting of F and/or G.

To get your Apps, emulators etc to appear in the menu you just need to check your config.xml. for example, for Apps it should say:

List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
   <Path>E:\Apps</Path>
   <Path>F:\Apps</Path>
   <Path>G:\Apps</Path>
</List>

Just add whatever paths you want it to search for applications.

You can do the same thing for emulators, but I'm not sure about how emulators find ROMs, or if the emulator has to be on the same partition as its ROMs. If it does, just put the emulators and their ROMs on F, or on G.

As part of the new disk installation you might want to upgrade to a newer softmod (Kingroach NDURE 3.1 or Krayzie 1.1.1), one that gives you better protection against accidental file deletion on C.

bork1027

• Archived User
Added New Hdd... Question On Dashbaord Menus, Etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »

Thanks! I will check this out and see if I can get it up and running. As far as instaling a new softmod, it must be much easier now that the machine is modded already. I'll look into that as well.

Thanks again!