xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Ftping To My Xbox  (Read 69 times)

007bond

• Archived User
Help Ftping To My Xbox
« on: April 01, 2007, 02:39:00 AM »

OK, static is by far the best option when using FTP with your Xbox.  But before we get into anything like setting an IP address, we need to know how you are connecting your computer to your Xbox.
Are you using a hub or a router?  Or are you using a crossover cable?
If you are using a hub or a router, which one?, and are there any other computers connected to the hub/router?

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Help Ftping To My Xbox
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »

yeh.. if you are using a router that has DHCP enabled, DHCP is a good way to go for simplicity.

a dash skin that displays your IP address would be helpful if you go that route.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Help Ftping To My Xbox
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(diehard_ca @ Apr 14 2007, 04:37 PM) View Post

hey i have the same problem, im using the regular cable for internet i believe its called rj-45 one end if connected to the xbox and the other to the computer and everything i have tried so far did not work for me.

When you connect the xbox directly to the computer, you need a "patch cable" or "crossover cable". radio shack has them for pretty cheap, or try ebay.

when you connect to a router, you use straight through.

IPB Image

vcsaddict

• Archived User
Help Ftping To My Xbox
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »

i have a router my laptop is wireless and my xbox is connected to the router and when i put my xbox on i doesnt have an ip adress shown. ive tried a few tuts but nothin works.

gualber98

• Archived User
Help Ftping To My Xbox
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(vcsaddict @ May 9 2007, 06:53 PM) View Post

i have a router my laptop is wireless and my xbox is connected to the router and when i put my xbox on i doesnt have an ip adress shown. ive tried a few tuts but nothin works.

make sure you xbox is set to dhcp and then just logged into your router settings and look for your xbox ip adreess.