xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 120 times)

007bond

• Archived User
Need Help
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »

Do you have a copy of your config.xml file?
If so, upload it to a site that yousendit and post a link here so we can take a look at it.

Valahan

• Archived User
Need Help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »

No, I don't have a copy of my config.xml file.

Basically, I know that the above line I posted is the problem... ItemAction does not recognize a txt file as a command and then it screwed up my menu. I just want to know if there is some way I can access the Files on the XBox itself. All I would have to do is remove that one line...

I only found out that ItemAction did not recognize it because after it screwed up, i looked it up on here. :\

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Need Help
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »

load up unleash or any dashboard on a disc with IP settings correct, and you will have FTP access again to fix the mistake.

edit: i had a similar setup, to load a text file, and i used:

<Item Action="TextEditor" Arg1="G:\text files\notonHD.txt">Games Not on HD</Item>

sleepinginmyhead

• Archived User
Need Help
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »

If you hold down the back button while the xbox is starting then default settings are loaded.

Valahan

• Archived User
Need Help
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

Alright, looked up how to FTP into my XBox... and it seems my IP settings were not correct. Looks like I will have to make that bootable DVD. Thx for all the help.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Need Help
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Valahan @ Mar 28 2007, 11:33 AM) View Post

Alright, looked up how to FTP into my XBox... and it seems my IP settings were not correct. Looks like I will have to make that bootable DVD. Thx for all the help.

did you try what other dude posted? holding back button on boot?

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Need Help
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »

Yeah after reading through, since you still have the dash booting your mod is still working. You should be able to boot a boot disc, if it doesn't work most likely it will be the method you made it or the media you used. But once you pop the boot disc in you will have FTP access again and can fix that.

What were you making it try to load a .txt file for anyway?