xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aaaaaaaaaargh, This Is Driving Me Absolutely Nuts.  (Read 179 times)

new2moddin

• Archived User
Aaaaaaaaaargh, This Is Driving Me Absolutely Nuts.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

i got a temp solution to my problem.

i have evox installed as well (as i've mentioned)...... and what i've done is this.

set the region to PAL (sorry, that's autodetected in the eeprom by evox),  but change the game region to NTSC.

this leaves the machine in a PAL state while forcing NTSC on the games i load.

Now gta3 and vice city work perfectly in NTSC mode as do all my other NTSC games. and when i reset the machine.... it's pal again.

to prove that my machine was actually forcing NTSC, i ran all my pal EA sports games and they no longer work.......  but also,  NTSC EA sports games don't work in a pal environment either.

I'm thinking my UnleashX is stuck in a sort of multiregion....... for every game....  no matter the region works.

When i first tried out UnleashX i had an NTSC EA sports game and a PAL one....  the PAL one worked but the NTSC one didn't.  This was until I enabled autoswitching.... then they both worked as it then went off the region found in items.xml.  But now this doesn't matter anymore...... all games work, no matter the region but they're all forced into the mode of my machine.  PAL.

2 weeks ago, my xenium got a corrupt eeprom and i had to recover and for a while after that..... it kept saying that my skin had caused a problem with Un.......  (the remainder of the text was offscreen and couldn't be read)........

Could I perhaps have a corrupt XBE for unleashX....... could this be causing the problem?

Now, this does work, but i'm unhappy with having to use two dashboards.

is there a program which could run inbetween selecting the game, and running the game which could allow you to select a temporary region.... ie not write to the eeprom.

new2moddin

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

ok, sorry to harp on about this but i just did a quick test with my web cam (which is set at 50hz due to my region)...

EvoX - no flicker bars
running gta 3 (with game region on NTSC) - flicker bars

UnleashX - flicker bars due to higher refresh rate option enabled
running gta 3 with auto switching on or off, all regions tried, force pal 60 on/off tried and also disabling pal 60 in unleash and/or msdash.

NO FLICKER LINES

that's proof for me that its running in 50hz PAL.

sorry to keep going on and on.

but i'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem.

I just want a dash, which will go into NTSC mode if i want it to, and stay in pal if i don't........  something like that.

I love the unleashX dashboard, but this prob is a real arse to me.

Dimmuxx

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »

sad.gif  Silent Hill 4 & Bloodrayne 2 are the NTSC games that runs in 50Hz no matter what I do when the eeprom is pal.

new2moddin

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 06:46:00 AM »

sad.gif

damn that sux.  I know what you mean though with bloodrayne 2 and silent hill.  Bloodrayne 2 has skippy audio and silent hill has seriously delayed audio, and skippy audio in FMV's.

my box is 1.0 so i can't guarantee my solution works for you too.....

but if you're machine is PAL..... it should say so under EvoX, system management, system settings (i think that's what it is).

Mine is as follows

Video
Video Standard                        PAL
Game Region                           North America(NTSC)

I'm using Evox M8 bios (standard not m8_16, which i assume you're using), and my ntsc games work fine under this.

perhaps there's a chance we got our wires crossed.........  double check maybe?

i just ran gta 3 under evox with those settings and it's running perfectly....

hope it helps somewhat.

Dimmuxx

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

I have done that using evolution-x 3935 and m8_16-bios. But Bloodrayne 2 & Silent Hill 4 still runs in 50Hz, do they work for you when you run them with evolution-x with game region = North America?

new2moddin

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

sad.gif

Dimmuxx

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (new2moddin @ Oct 22 2004, 06:02 PM)
yeah they do.

the audio doesn't skip anymore with either of them.

sorry it's not working for you man.

sad.gif

Hmm, strange. Then it might be true that 1.6 can't switch video region except for eeprom switching.

Can anyone please confirm if that's the case?  sad.gif

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »

i can tell when my xbox is in ntsc (normally pal) because it looks crap on my tv.

and now i know why my gta 3 and vice city vids look crap, cos im trying to run NTSC on the pal system.
Pages: 1 [2]