xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Request For Jezzx  (Read 411 times)

oswald

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« on: July 19, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

I love the BlackBox skin, the new version is sweet.  

I have a request for perhaps an updated version or a variant on the skin.  I was going to do it myself for my own uses, but I thought I'd put it out here to see if others would like it.

Ok, the preview/icon window on the bottom is cool, but I like big preview videos, so I thought it might be cool to play the preview video on top of the info box above the icon window.  Where all the xbox info is, have it play right over top of that and have the info only be visible on items with no preview.  With users who have preview videos for everything they could make a cool menu item called "System Status" with no xbe and no preview video, so when they hovered on it, the preview window would again show the system stats.

Does that make any sense?  I think it would hella cool, and my tinkering with your skin shows it might be, though I'm having trouble lining it up well in the box.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

HeHe you know I was thinking this just the other day and I even tried it rolleyes.gif

The only problem is that in the current version of unleashX text always gets put over the top of any image or video, If you want I cold wip up a version with no info text in the box and just a game icon and video and you can press Y to get all the info

Kthulu

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

oh most merciful gods in the highest!  thank thee that others have finally echoed my most desperate pleas!

laugh.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »

hehe and whats your desperate plea that I wip up another or that text can be under stuff

Kthulu

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

text can be under stuff...it just makes better sense to me...i used to use the BlackBox skin on MXM and i changed it to behave this way...too bad i can't do that with UX sad.gif

X_Destruction

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »

Here's a rough modification from your screenshot at AXS. It's blurred... because that's the way it's up there, except for a couple of brightness/contrast enhancements just to take a little of the blur away, not that you should do that on the skin itself. This is what I would love it to look like, roughly, except the preview box would be stretched to the right to be in alignment to the change of the below box.

user posted image

What do you think? I think this way, you can have a nice other version, that has a bigger preview, but still most of the info.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »

how about this

user posted image

Kthulu

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

looks like a winner to me  wink.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

And heres one I prepared earlier jester.gif

user posted image

Jezz_X

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

Your wish is my command  biggrin.gif

Click here to download

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

OMG! Real Master^^

I just want 2 thank you for making the MXM version of your skin it is amazing and  I will never change the skin 2 anything else unless its made by you.

I would switch over 2 this sweet UX 1 but I like how it kinda highlights the selected item with those green lines and the Font is much better on the MXM. I take it that cant be done with UnleashX?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

It can but it looks silly to because unleashX dosn't let you set a border space for it so it looks to close to the text for me if you want it just change this in the skin.xml

from this
<MENU_ACTIVEBORDERCOLOR>0x00000000</MENU_ACTIVEBORDERCOLOR>

to this
<MENU_ACTIVEBORDERCOLOR>0xFFFFF000</MENU_ACTIVEBORDERCOLOR>

oswald

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

all I can say is .... WOW! Thanks!!

Jezz_X

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (oswald @ Jul 20 2004, 03:32 AM)
all I can say is .... WOW! Thanks!!

Hehe never let it be said I dont listen to my public  jester.gif

I'm joking of course

A for you ThE MaSTeR 3 the other option is make the menu behave like MXM's and scroll up instead of scolling the selection then I could use an image to high light like I did in the MXM version but I prefere this way it was one of the thing that bugged me about MXM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
A Request For Jezzx
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif what I will do later when I get time is, do it how the other versions were done and have the main window border overlap the preview video a little so any bad edges in videos are hidden and it takes up all the space but as I said later
Pages: [1] 2 3