xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Implement Xbconnect Client Type Thing  (Read 180 times)

heraldoffailure

• Archived User
Implement Xbconnect Client Type Thing
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

Screw kai, it doesn't have as many users as XBC for the xbox.  Also, yeah, where the hell did the XBC-Link EXE come from.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

wink.gif

f.u.

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

Kai is the better bet.  Online gaming isn't all about playing Halo online.  With Kai, you pick a game arena boot up your game and you will see all the hosts listed in that arena for your game.  It's just simple joining or creating a game from your game.  No needing to go to the PC and setting up your host or looking for another room to join.

My view of online gaming is, if your life revolves around playing halo online and you live in the US, XBC is your better bet.  If you want to play other games, Kai is your bet.

For some people, XBC is not an option.  I live in the asia region and there are almost no players on xbc from over here.  So when I join a game, I get kicked 99% of the time (I dont play halo either).  To make it worse on XBC, you get hosts saying US only pls.  Sure they don't want lag in their games, but it means there are no rooms to play in.  Good gaming experience?  I think not.  It's a different story with Kai.  People from the US, europe and asia play together.  It's a global community.  I started my online gaming on XBC but have gone over to Kai and wont be looking back.

I am looking forward for Unleashx to get Kai implemented into their fine dash and i'm sure many others are too.

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 01:57:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

wink.gif

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 05:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Jul 12 2004, 02:34 PM)
You guys didn't read the post I made...

XBC has just as many as "other games" (non-Halo) as Kai does, but XBC also has the dominant Halo.  wink.gif

Um just because you posted it does not make it true. Sure XBC has support for just as many games but not the number of players playing them. Sure if you jus want to play Halo than XBC is a great way to go. I on the other hand liketo play other games as well as Halo and I've had a lot easier time finding games on Kai.

Crypty

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »

Well both would be good but I see a problem in that kai is a 1 room kida thing. You run it, start halo and the games show up wheras in XBC you have to join an individual game wich you may get booted from. Then you would have to close halo, find a new server and try again. Hosting a game would be nice and easy though.
I still say integrate both.

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

tongue.gif

j/k

the xbe size went from 2mb to 3mb with the addition of the game-save manager and mp3 support.  if BOTH sys-link technologies are integrated, i'm sure the xbe size will get up to 4mb, maybe even 5mb.  that's normally not a problem, but i recently discovered that i love to use UX in my game-save exploits.  perhaps if the xbe gets that big, he could make a UX-regular and a UX-lite?

oh, i recently ventured onto Kai.  There were plenty of Halo people on.  In fact, that's why there was lag.  The problem is everyone congregates in the main Halo arena.  if more people would create sub-arenas and play there, i think everything would be fine.  that seemed to work best when i was gaming...if you can call it that tongue.gif  i suck at halo.  after saying that, if you've played there recently, you prolly know who i am smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]