xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Skinning Features Request  (Read 112 times)

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Some Skinning Features Request
« on: June 10, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

Hi,  first thank you for giving us this fantastic dashboard, for me, it is the best available.

I am working on some skins at the moment, and i really miss two features, in no particular order, my first is to make support for animated GIF's, skins would be much more "dynamic" and "alive" if we could make use of them.

My second request is that skinners should be able to control the priority on screen of movie files, actually they only can be shown behind "extra images" added appart of the background, but i really need to put the preview video element in the top of all these "extra images". it would be great if i could establish its priority in function of where in the skin.xml preview video screen is listed.

Please, take my suggestions into consideration, and forgive my english wink.gif

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 04:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Jun 11 2004, 06:21 AM)
GIF is doable but I can't use it without breaking the patent (not that I'm not breaking any)

Videos and images are treated the same, so you can stack one on top of the other.

Maybe there is still a patent alive... but... there is so much homebrew soft supporting this... rotfl.gif  If you don't want to support it yet, it's ok  beerchug.gif

After your reply i have being trying to put my preview video on the top of all images, but i can't, my shity video always appears behind a little image i have to mask my preview icons.

Here you have my code, please make the pertinent corrections, the image i want BEHIND the preview video is "Ojete.png" (I want my preview Video on Top of it wink.gif )

CODE

Sauron-Jin
 Copyright 2004

Intro.wmv

Fondo.png
 Cell1.png
 orb.png
 orb.png

Ojete.png

PBA12.xpr

PBA14.xpr

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: =======================================

OMFG!!!

Finally i have fugured out how to put my video on top!!!   muhaha.gif

Simply changed:
CODE

Ojete.png

To:
CODE

Ojete.png

And it is working like a charm! i feel so stupid... i thougt the object "preview Video" was called on the line:
CODE

...and i was wrong.  beerchug.gif

Well today i have finally learned something new  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Here is a preview screenshot of this skin i am making, i hope you like it:
user posted image

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 04:50:00 AM »

im not sureif its doable now or not if soplease let me know, ive always wanted the abilit to place video like you place images...and not preview video...just a looping clip...