xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Format F: Drive  (Read 95 times)

cjc

• Archived User
Can't Format F: Drive
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

CODE

This will format your F Drive.. \nDo you wish to continue?

Format Complete.

Shouldn't this work? I am confused, the actions work and it says format complete, I reboot and still cant access the F partition... 0 mb free sad.gif

cjc

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

Yea I have Drive F enabled but its

<EnableDriveF>Yes</EnableDriveF>

Diontae18

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

Your Hadrrive doesn't have the extra 2.134 gigs of space available for the harddrive. You have the Western Digital Harddrive with a max size of 8GB total. The Seagate has 10GB total, 2.134 availabel for the F: Drive. I know because I'm currently using an Western Digital Harddrive. I have a seagate harddrive too that someone sent to me for free. They paid the shipping and handling charges as well. It has a total of 10GB's. Why am I'm still using my other one if the Seagate has more space. Because All my roms, Emulators, And Apps are on this Western Digital Harddrive.

cjc

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

smile.gif

Diontae18

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

cjc, Did you use my new config.xml file? Ihave a newer one.

cjc

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (Razor128 @ Jun 11 2004, 03:30 PM)
Dont know if this helps but i just got an 80gb hard drive and i couldnt format my f either. Until i realised that my bios was set to only use the standard partitoning. After setting the bios correctly, reflashing, and formating f: it worked like a charm. cool.gif

where is that option in xbtool?

Javienn

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

Dont know if this helps but i just got an 80gb hard drive and i couldnt format my f either. Until i realised that my bios was set to only use the standard partitoning. After setting the bios correctly, reflashing, and formating f: it worked like a charm. 

How old was your bios?  You should not have any problems with F drive support.  It has been there for a very long time, dare say since the first bios realeses, but I'm not 100% sure about that.  The only issue that should be coming up nowadays would be G drive support in your bios.

-Jav

cjc

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

I dont have the problem anymore because I now know that it is because of my hard drive being only 8GB.  Now, I am worried that when I get my 80 GB HD, i wont be able to either. But , we'll see..