xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This A Problem With The Skin, Or Me?  (Read 91 times)

The Pen is mightier

• Archived User
Is This A Problem With The Skin, Or Me?
« on: April 04, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »

I installed this awesome looking skin for unleashx, and in works perfectly 70 percent of the time. 15 percent of the time it doesn't even boot, and the otehr 15 percent it gives me a message saying unleashx's skin crashed on startup, and gives me the default skin. I only recently downloaded the skin, and have not updated unleashx in a long while, could this be the problem? Sorry I cannot provice more information, my xbox is not available to me currently.

lotw

• Archived User
Is This A Problem With The Skin, Or Me?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (The Pen is mightier @ Apr 5 2004, 06:36 AM)
I installed this awesome looking skin for unleashx, and in works perfectly 70 percent of the time. 15 percent of the time it doesn't even boot, and the otehr 15 percent it gives me a message saying unleashx's skin crashed on startup, and gives me the default skin. I only recently downloaded the skin, and have not updated unleashx in a long while, could this be the problem? Sorry I cannot provice more information, my xbox is not available to me currently.

Depends on what Version of UnleashX you are running.  One of the older ones had a problem with the custom soundtracks and would return that error on a reboot about the skin being bad.  The new version fixed that problem, but if you are resetting or running an app almost instantly when you boot to the dash it will cause that error to come up again.

Some skins take a while to boot, mainly the ones with videos that come up before the dashboard loading can sometime take a few seconds before the video and dash load.  On my projection with the HDTV pack it seems to switch video modes a couple of time before loading the dashboard, on occasions.