xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms Default Audio  (Read 133 times)

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ms Default Audio
« on: March 27, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »

@UnleashX, do you use all the sounds in the audio folder? Since I have a background in music, I was thinking about creating several "audio packs" and then use batch scripting to delete/copy the files over. Im thinking about keeping them zipped up, then extract as needed. The reason I want to do this is to add custom sounds to skins and make them really come alive. I know people will think this is a waste of time/space...but I would love those old favorite Transformer "sounds" on the Transformer skins.....ans so forth.

El Pollo Diablo

• Archived User
Ms Default Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

Would it be possible to add in a future release the ability to set the used sounds in a skin.xml file. That way you could have a different set of sounds for each skin. Thats the only thing I can think of thats missing from the skinning options.

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ms Default Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

I already replaced them with other cool sounds, the MS dash played them fine, but I couldnt find any program thay would let me hear the default audio, I guess its a xbox format. However MS labeled them so anyone can read what they are.

Having the option to set these in the skin.xml would be great, (only the ones the dash uses) but only if the user puts a tag for that sound

<MainAudio>
<GlobalAButtonSelect>blaha.wav/wma<GlobalAButtonSelect>
<GlobalCompletionBeep>blahb.wma<GlobalCompletionBeep>
<MemoryGamesSelect>blahc.wma<MemoryGamesSelect>

and so on........

</MainAudio>

Let the dash use the default MS audio for everything else thats not specified. This would be great to reduce the skin size, only include that one sound thats required......or all of them, (wma support would be great to reduce file size even more) and just like the intro video, just drop those sounds into the default skin folder.

I can only imagine the sounds people would create for the skins. Star Wars Skin with StarWars sounds.....On my snapshots skin I created, I changed the sounds to camera sounds and changed the background audio to a nice stereo "RAIN" sound loop....kinda cool.

@Unleash, does this sound do-able? Id rather do it this way than overwriting the MS default audio files.........I guess this turned into a wishlist item. Please consider it.

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
Ms Default Audio
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hectobleezy @ Mar 28 2004, 03:58 AM)
I couldnt find any program thay would let me hear the default audio, I guess its a xbox format. However MS labeled them so anyone can read what they are.

wink.gif  use Windows Media Player and this codec http://dwl.xbox-scen...adpcm_codec.rar

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ms Default Audio
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

Thank you. I needed this. Cool codec, even worked with SoundForge.