xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Want To Convert Mp3 To Wma For Unleashx?  (Read 32 times)

lotw

• Archived User
Want To Convert Mp3 To Wma For Unleashx?
« on: February 25, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lugnut @ Feb 26 2004, 12:13 AM)
go to www.hotfiles.com and search for dBpowerAMP Music Converter, (free app)

after you install it, it will only convert wav, and mp3, you have to go to the help section and then find the "codec central" downloads

or to make it easier for you just go here and do what it says to install wma codecs

http://www.dbpoweram...central-wma.htm

It will let you convert whole folders of mp3's at a time to wma, then just upload them to your box and your done.

Converting from one compressed format to another for audio is a bad idea.  You loose even more quality.  If possible it is better to just re-rip the songs if it is important to have music in the background till UnleashX adds MP3 support.

I personally just use XBMC for listening to music on my Xbox.  I converted all 560 CDs I own to MP3 and copied them to the Xbox 160g HD.  Anytime I get a new one, I convert and send it over.  I mainly went with MP3 over WMA because both my car stereos understand MP3, so I can make discs for them easily.

Of coarse in the dashboard would be better, but I hope it would have a random for the subfolders too and read the ID3 tag info.

Lugnut

• Archived User
Want To Convert Mp3 To Wma For Unleashx?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

rerip the songs takes 10 times longer and the quality level from mp3 to wma is so minimal unless your an audiophile i wouldnt worry too much about it.

you still have your original mp3's until unleash comes out with mp3 compatibility,  you can use the wma's for now to be happy with music in the dash.