xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unleash X Vux_unofficial_020604  (Read 281 times)

fezzman

• Archived User
Unleash X Vux_unofficial_020604
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (scribla @ Feb 8 2004, 07:16 PM)
the new preview vid naming convention works a treat. thanks unleashx.
also background music isn't muted when the preview vids roll - great work, is this configurable?

How is this preview renaming used?  I've not seen an option for it?  Is this where I can change from preview.wmv to (whateverIwant).wmv?  I'd kind of like to change my vids to mxm_ss.wmv simply because I had already burned all of my backups to dvd with this format already on them.

Thanks

scribla

• Recovered User
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 07:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (fezzman @ Feb 11 2004, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (scribla @ Feb 8 2004, 07:16 PM)
the new preview vid naming convention works a treat. thanks unleashx.
also background music isn't muted when the preview vids roll - great work, is this configurable?

How is this preview renaming used?  I've not seen an option for it?  Is this where I can change from preview.wmv to (whateverIwant).wmv?  I'd kind of like to change my vids to mxm_ss.wmv simply because I had already burned all of my backups to dvd with this format already on them.

Thanks

unleashx has just added a some code to look for a few different names for vids so that a mxm_ss.wmv file will play without having to rename them to preview.wmv
This is great news as now both dashes can work with each others files with no fuss.

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (-FourDoor- @ Feb 11 2004, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (scribla @ Feb 11 2004, 09:25 AM)
unleashx has just added a some code to look for a few different names for vids so that a mxm_ss.wmv file will play without having to rename them to preview.wmv
This is great news as now both dashes can work with each others files with no fuss.

A big round of  beerchug.gif for UnleashX for providing this feature. I know MXM will be up and running soon with preview.wmv compatibility.

See great minds do think alike!  biggrin.gif  beerchug.gif

Woot...this is fantastic news.  Consider the next round of  beerchug.gif  on me.

PeNsTeR

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »

Well this unofficial version works for me superb.

Dvd remote finally works in the menu.

TwinkleTwinkle

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 11:04:00 PM »

I tried 020604 at first and while it seemed to have fixed all the lockup-problems, it didn't seem te be able to save any settings and always reverted back to the default skin. Background music also didn't seem to work (as I couldn't turn it on since the settings wouldn't save) and none of my apps/games on F: were detected.

The 020904 version, however, works perfectly. I tested this version the same way as the previous ones (lots of skin-switching, playing with the background music settings, rebooting, etc) and it works perfectly -- it hasn't locked up once, background music works perfectly, apps/games are all detected, etc. .I've been unable to locate any problems with it.

Great work!

TT

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (TwinkleTwinkle @ Feb 12 2004, 04:04 PM)
I tried 020604 at first and while it seemed to have fixed all the lockup-problems, it didn't seem te be able to save any settings and always reverted back to the default skin. Background music also didn't seem to work (as I couldn't turn it on since the settings wouldn't save) and none of my apps/games on F: were detected.

This was a bug in 020604 when it's being run from drive F or G, which was fixed in 020904. Running it in C or E is fine though -not that it matters anymore. This was a result of me changing the default value for DriveF Enabled to False, trying to achieve compatibility with older BIOSes.

yourwishismine

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Feb 12 2004, 03:38 AM)
This was a result of me changing the default value for DriveF Enabled to False, trying to achieve compatibility with older BIOSes.

Dah... that's kind of a silly thing to 'waste' time on... people that can flash their BIOSes... just need to upgrade.. the latest 4981 BIOS is the rockin' anyway... and yes.. I know.. some cannot flash their BIOSES, cause they have a chip that can't be flashed, but they can still flash their TSOP.... and get around this.. also.. most of the software hacks, either use a new enough BIOS or can be updated to the latest X2.. so they should be OK.. to....

dragonforce99

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 07:08:00 AM »

Just downloaded the unofficial Version, installed it, rebooted and checked by pushing the Y button the version number it says: 0.26.0119A ?

Did I miss something? Do I have to clear some cache or does the unofficial not display the version correctly ?

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (dragonforce99 @ Feb 13 2004, 12:08 AM)
Just downloaded the unofficial Version, installed it, rebooted and checked by pushing the Y button the version number it says: 0.26.0119A ?

Did I miss something? Do I have to clear some cache or does the unofficial not display the version correctly ?

No, that's right. I don't change build number for unofficial releases, I have an internal version number for that.
Pages: 1 [2]